Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The 18/19 maps are currently installing from SD card, so looks like the 'Online' licence that was re-activated after it ran out in March, is also allows map updates to continue.

1 0 0

2. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    The 18/19 maps are currently installing from SD card, so looks like the 'Online' licence that was re-activated after it ran out in March, is also allows map updates to continue.
    Was that the online traffic one that expired. That's the only licence I can see under mmi. Mine runs out the day before the 3rd birthday.

Will have to try Audi.uk again

0 0 0

3. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Yea - that's the one... didn't know if they were all tied together somehow as 'online services'

1 0 0

4. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Did you ring after it had expired then, that might be easier as the person I spoke to said all the licences were ok currently ...

Which number did you ring?

0 0 0

5. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Following my post earlier, I had emailed customer.services@audi.co.uk with:

My car is coming up to its 3 year mark and the MMI has been nagging me for the last few weeks regarding the upcoming license expiry. However, just a little while ago it came up with the message:

A new navigation database is available:
    Europe 2018/2019
    No valid license for the database

Obviously I still have a valid license so that message confused me a little, and when I've gone into the MMI to check for updates, it states that there are none available.

Interestingly, I know I have the 2017/2018 maps in the vehicle, and on the My Audi site I have the option to download 13GB worth of 2018/2019 Europe Maps.

Can you please explain the message that popped up, and the inconsistency between what the vehicle is stating and what I know / can see on the My Audi site?
    And I got this back yesterday:
    Thank you for your recent email regarding your Audi Connect Licence. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have requested an extension to your licence with our Connect Support Team at AUDI AG.

The Connect Support Team deal with Connect Licence extensions worldwide, so please be aware that this request can take up to two weeks to process.

I will contact you as soon as I have any further information.

In the meantime, I would like to take this opportunity to thank for your understanding and patience while your request is being looked into.
    They completely ignored my questions and have obviously sent me a copied and pasted response. Looks like they will renew it for anyone who emails. Not complaining, but I would still like to know why that message came up lol.

0 0 0

6. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    So I emailed Audi services as was phoned back the next working day about it (Monday)

They said my licence (Online traffic) was still valid, however after asking nicely I managed them to put a request into to extend it as it was very nearly up. They said it will take up to 2 weeks for it to come through.

Yesterday I had a message saying a maps update was available but wasn't sure how much data was available and had to cancel it. Ironically I might have had enough to download UK maps. When I checked via the MMI if there was an online update it said there wasn't... Licence was still dated 2018.

Today when I checked it had been extended for an additional year into 2019 however no updates available.

I tried the maps download from the beta MyAudi website but I get an invalid media update when trying in the car. Just about to try a different SD card as all the files are correct (Downloaded twice and binary comparison) and on it but want to eliminate it.

I still can't download from the regular MyAudi website yet but will check.
    @grolsch is yours fully working now?

0 0 0

7. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Did the download the other day for 18/19 maps. I used the old site as the new one kept locking up, tried it several times over a couple of days. I did notice that the beta site appears to be the U.S version, so that may be an issue. The old site worked fine and maps installed ALL OK.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi. Did the download the other day for 18/19 maps. I used the old site as the new one kept locking up, tried it several times over a couple of days. I did notice that the beta site appears to be the U.S version, so that may be an issue. The old site worked fine and maps installed ALL OK.
    Thanks did you have the error message already. Is you car 3 years old yet though?

0 0 0

9. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. No error message just the beta site kept crashing and locking up so I gave up and used the old site, better the devil you know! Car will be 3 early November so will get hold of Audi in early October to get the license extended. BTW downloaded on PC not via sim.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

1 0 0

10. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Ah, ok you might be on your last "free" update then.

Audi don't seem to know the specifics of this particular licence

Hoping it will still update in the next few days.

Here is what I get on the audi site.

Audi.jpg

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast