Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Today I got the following message. I have had them in the past and then downloaded the maps offline to save data charges. However today looks like my count is up

A new navigation database is available: Europe 2018/2019

No valid licence for the database.

Please contact your Audi dealer or go to my.audi.com

IMG_2034.jpg

From what I have read you get the next 5 updates free of charge on a new car so given my car is just under 3 years that's probably about right.

However when I go on to my.audi.com I can't find any information other than to download it.

Anybody with same, enquired with Audi as to see what the cost is or whether they can get it discounted\free?

If I try a download will it work, I don't want to end installing it only to find that I can't uninstall etc.

Also on the new beta my.audi.com there is a

myRoadmusic option now with Amazon music download - anybody know about that?

0 0 0

2. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Have seen mentioned on here that if you E-mail Audi UK they tend to extend it free of charge. Try a search of the site, unless anybody else can confirm my suspicion.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I didn't do it for the map downloads, but the online navigation subscription.
    I gave Audi UK a call, and they put the request through to Audi DE, and a few days later it was back online.

I have just checked the portal, and the ability to download maps has returned too

1 0 0

4. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks,

well it has allowed me to download it ok but see what happens when I stick it in the car

Thanks for your replies

0 0 0

5. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    And the answer is not a lot

It says invalid media, which is a bit strange but it has written the WMPInfo.xml file it normally does to it.

I guess its not liking the lack of licence ...

Time to get onto Audi, who said all licences were activated and I would need to check with my local dealer. Couldn't buy anything other than extended warranty when I checked ....

Well its booked in for its MOT in a month's time so will check then

0 0 0

6. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    If you look in the MMI menus, there will be a section that says if you are licenced and if so, when until.

When I was out of licence, the website wouldn't allow me to download the latest maps (although that was the old site, not the beta one)

0 0 0

7. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    If you look in the MMI menus, there will be a section that says if you are licenced and if so, when until.

When I was out of licence, the website wouldn't allow me to download the latest maps (although that was the old site, not the beta one)
    Thanks will check.

Went back to the old Audi site and that won't allow me to download it with a message "You can buy up-to-date maps from your Audi partner."

It does allow me to download the most recent one though.

Audi UK need to update their call support staff me thinks.....

Wonder how much it will cost?

0 0 0

8. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I'm downloading the 18/19 maps now, and will bring a large enough SD card to work tomorrow to copy it to.

Let us see what happens, or if further instalments after the initial 5 are blocked.

0 0 0

9. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    My car is coming up to its 3 year mark and for the last few weeks it's been warning my that the license is about to expire. However, just now I got the same message about no valid license, when I know full well that I have one till the end of the month.

Maybe it's an issue on Audi's end, especially since I'm not the only one who has got said message. Sounds like a good time to get the license extended for free though. What number/email address have you guys contacted Audi UK on?

0 0 0

10. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Just checked the MMI for updates and it says that there aren't any... sounds very much like an issue on their end, but just in case, I've downloaded the 13GB maps update on my PC. There is an update to what I've currently got in the car, so not sure why it's lying to me lol.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast