Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    That was download 4 so I think there is one more if I choose the next one before the license expires, assuming another update before November .
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

2. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Ah, ok you might be on your last "free" update then.

Audi don't seem to know the specifics of this particular licence

Hoping it will still update in the next few days.

Here is what I get on the audi site.

Attachment 35046
    So, I am totally confused by this thread. My car was 3 years old in March. On its birthday, its present to itself was a message saying that the online traffic licence had expired (no mention of navigation). Also, on the MyAudi website, the latest maps were unavailable to me - as per the screenshot from ChuckMountain above. Audi renewed the Traffic Information licence through my local dealership (yes, it took nearly two weeks) but only for six months, which is a PITA as I will have to go through the hassle again shortly. In addition, the latest map updates are still unavailable to me - I can only download another copy of my last-allowed update, which was the 2017-2018 mapset. The latest mapset - 2018-2019 - has the "You can buy the latest updates from your Audi partner" message. I note, too, that the traffic service has two icons: "Licensed" and "Linked" whereas the map update service only has the "Linked" icon.

I cannot see how I can get up-to-date maps in the car but I haven't bothered asking my "Audi partner". But it seems that some people are able to update their mapset once the traffic service licence has been renewed?

Thanks for any clarification!

0 0 0

3. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is totally correct, but from reading various bits regarding this over a couple of years, this is my take on it. There are 2 licences, traffic & map's both independent of each other, so need to be updated separately. In the UK with a Tech Pack ( has a sim slot) Audi will renew the licences free after 3 years, due to the owner having there own Data connection in the car via the sim slot. I believe that in other parts of the world, USA, the car has an embedded sim so the data connection is provided by Audi, therefor they have to pay for the connection to be renewed each year. Hence the free renewal of the licence for us. Therefor we are in the same position regarding maps as somebody buying a Garmin, or TomTom with free maps for life. Not sure about free online traffic for ever, perhaps that is renewed for a limited period perhaps the first 6-12 months, do not know if Garmin etc.. charge for online traffic after an initial period. Perhaps anybody who works for Audi could clarify this for us...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Well, as if the car had read this thread, when I jumped in this morning, the display said that there is a new map available (2018-19) but my licence has expired (I still have an active traffic licence). So, I will contact Audi UK to see if I can get it renewed. - hopefully without charge.

0 0 0

5. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    The 18/19 maps are currently installing from SD card, so looks like the 'Online' licence that was re-activated after it ran out in March, is also allows map updates to continue.
    Has yours fully installed and updated the new maps?

Just to check you rang up (or emailed) Audi UK or not and they extended what appeared to be both the Online traffic and the maps? And your car is 3.5 years old or so now?

Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Well, as if the car had read this thread, when I jumped in this morning, the display said that there is a new map available (2018-19) but my licence has expired (I still have an active traffic licence). So, I will contact Audi UK to see if I can get it renewed. - hopefully without charge.
    Did the prompt allow you to download them or just say yes it's available but tough you have no licence?

I have had two messages so far one that said tough, the other that said download but I had to cancel that at the time

It does seem that there are two distinct licences the online traffic Audi are happy to extend and the UK support team know about that.

The maps however are a bit more of a mystery. Audi UK don't appear to know about this. I will be going into my dealer but not for another 3 weeks and what's the likelihood of them knowing if Audi UK don't.

The price could be anything between 0 and megabucks and if others are getting it free then it should be consistent...

More confused now ....

0 0 0

6. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    There are definitely two separate, totally unconnected licences. I have already had my traffic licence renewed (for a frustratingly short 6 months FFS) but I am not licensed to install the latest map update. Someone else here pointed out that you cannot download maps you are not licensed for on the Audi portal but you can download them from the Beta portal (this is true - I checked); however, I do not expect they will install as the car itself knows it is not licensed to install and use these maps.

I have emailed Customer Services - happy to pay a reasonable price to renew the licence but, as you say, it should be the same for everyone - and it looks like some people have managed to get their map licence renewed FOC. I must say, as each renewal process uses up the time of a service technician at your local dealership (or, at least, that's how they renewed the traffic licence: via the local dealership service department), you'd think they would do both renewals together to save the pfaffing.

As an aside, I read somewhere, or was told, that Audi meant all these services to be automatically renewable via MyAudi at a cost but that they haven't managed to get their portal properly set up yet (hence the still rather hokey-cokey nature of the current portal and the imminent new version and the current, rahter chaotic, labour-intensive approach to the renewals). It makes sense as they can never have planned to do all of this on a car-by-car and licence-by-licence basis; getting the website, background databases and links to all the tens (hundreds?) of thousands of cars properly set up, together with the payment service and all the other shizzle that is required, is quite an undertaking. I am a contractor for VAG so I may have been told this internally, indeed I think I was told this internally - or I may have read it on an internet forum. I can't remember!!!

1 0 0

7. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Yep that was me, I did download them via the beta site and I can no valid update media or words to that effect when it scans the SD card. The maps are in the same format as the previous ones just that I would assume somewhere is a licence file, have had a quick look but nothing obvious.

My online traffic was renewed via phone with from what the support person said a request to Germany. The car must check online as I didn't need to go into the garage.

The licences appear to be linked to the chassis number which of course makes sense.

Yep if they could do it via the website that would be great. I still find Audi Connect a bit clunky, its slow and in the past 2 days its forgotten the pin twice

0 0 0

8. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I've just looked at the Beta site again, and it's showing 17/18 maps, and not 18/19.
    So may have misread what I downloaded, and in fact that being the last licenced version available to me

Sorry to add confusion to the thread.

0 0 0

9. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    I've just looked at the Beta site again, and it's showing 17/18 maps, and not 18/19.
    So may have misread what I downloaded, and in fact that being the last licenced version available to me

Sorry to add confusion to the thread.
    I am definitely not licensed for 2018/19 but the Beta site definitely does list that as the only download available to me (and - indeed - does allow me to download it, unlike the main site, which lists the 2018/19 but says I can't download it, but does allow me to download 2017/18). I didn't try the download from the Beta site in the car, based on ChuckMountain's experience.

0 0 0

10. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Just an info: Today, on my car, Audi has just renewed my licence for one more year without any question asked. Maybe they made some changes in their system, so probably the beta site and this can cause some temporary problems.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast