Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Just an info: Today, on my car, Audi has just renewed my licence for one more year without any question asked. Maybe they made some changes in their system, so probably the beta site and this can cause some temporary problems.
    Was this for the maps or the online traffic?

0 0 0

2. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Was this for the maps or the online traffic?
    I'm sorry to forget to mention, of course it was for the traffic online.
    Audi A6/C7 MY2012 Saloon, 3.0 TDI/180 KW Quattro S tronic, Bose, 1BK, PCN, 9R1, PNQ

0 0 0

3. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Ok thanks, yep renewing online traffic doesn't seem an issue at all. Just the mysterious maps

0 0 0

4. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    So Audi rang me back to check if I had received the licence ok. Which I had for the online traffic.

I then enquired about the maps again and said I could download them. They went through and asked if I had formatted card correctly which I had and even tried different one. They thought even though I get the message please purchase maps that I should be able to get them for free.

I asked how much it would cost and they went away and checked with parts and rang me back £163.58 + vat, and this appears to be for one version ....

I would need to ask my local Audi dealer about whether I can get a free one or in fact if that one will work. Have asked for a part number but wasn't given one.

So next month when the car is in I will check

0 0 0

5. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    So my car had its check today and I asked.

Initially they said they would send off an email but I said that's for traffic. Clarified if it was an SD version, no it's the HDD with online update. So then they checked with the technician who said yes required SD Card update has to be done and hooked up to the machine in service etc. Price of £269.10 quoted.

This sounds very much like the old school way of updating it and presumably is a one off. I have some new roads round here and they may or may not be on the update but I don't want to pay that much each time to find out.

0 0 0

6. Re: No Valid Licence for Navigation - Message on Screen - Buy Updates on Tech Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    If you get the option to download the update in the car. Don't waste your time\bandwidth downloading.

I downloaded the two UK (~1GB) updates and after downloading them it said after "completing the journey it would install". When I came back to the car I got a message saying the update was not valid or was outdated....

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234