1. My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Gave it a clean today & took a couple of pics. Should I was it after every wash? Applied tyre dressing after this, but forgot to do it before taking photos.

IMAG0830_1.jpg

IMAG0829_1.jpg

IMAG0828_1.jpg

IMAG0827_3.jpg

IMAG0825_1.jpg
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

2. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Looking good. If you mean "wax it after every wash?" No need. Top up when needed, otherwise a detailing spray would suffice.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 1 0

3. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Cheers. I did indeed mean wax. I'll keep an eye on the beading when it rains. Never too long between showers up here.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

4. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    Cheers. I did indeed mean wax. I'll keep an eye on the beading when it rains. Never too long between showers up here.
    True - you aren't too far from me either. In saying that it hasn't rained in the Blackpool area for ages now. Got a red neck from a visit to Cleveleys car show yesterday lol
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 1 0

5. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've got a temporary works van til September and it doesn't have air-con, which is murder at the minute. But I'm determined not to complain, after moaning about the constant rain for the last 11 months.

Heading out to the car now the missus has brought it home from work. I thought the mirrors would dip on reverse with the parking Pack. Any idea if there's an MMI setting for that, or is it a boss coding job?
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 1 0

6. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    I've got a temporary works van til September and it doesn't have air-con, which is murder at the minute. But I'm determined not to complain, after moaning about the constant rain for the last 11 months.

Heading out to the car now the missus has brought it home from work. I thought the mirrors would dip on reverse with the parking Pack. Any idea if there's an MMI setting for that, or is it a boss coding job?
    Mirrors should dip on reverse without the parking pack even. I have the parking pack too on my A7, but not needed for the dip. Have you set it up? You need to turn the knob to passenger side, then go into reverse and adjust to your desired dip setting. Then when you drive off the mirror will return to normal. Leave the knob set on passenger for it to dip on each reverse. I flick mine to heated when needed then back to passenger. I didn't need to do any coding or MMI to get it to work, it just did. I'm sure it's all in the manual though, but us guys don't read those right? lol.

In fact I did have to read the manual the other day as my son was in the back and he couldn't get out. I had to read the manual to realise that the rear doors have individual child locks and that's what those 2 buttons on the door handle actually do. Go figure lol.

0 1 0

7. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Ah, so simple! Works like a charm. Thanks again for that. I brought the manual in to have a look through last week, but there's so much tech on these cars that my year's warranty would have run out by the time I finished reading it.

Hopefully that will delay the kerbing of the alloy for a little while longer.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

8. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my favourite colour, loving it with the smoked rear lights.

0 1 0

9. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Cheers Shamy. Maybe it's just the phone's camera, but I've not smoked the rear lights. Maybe they come slightly smoked with the BE spec?
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

10. Re: My motor after a good wash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looking good, a good wax should last a few months with good care and detailing spray. What brand are you using?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast