hey all,

just got my 2nd A6 however this one does not have any roof rails, soooo, was thinking of fitting some, now I've looked all over and not much on it at all, most times I just get hits about roof bars, not rails.
however I think it seems like a simple (ish) job, so please can anyone help and correct me on any of this.

roof rails come with 4 bolt on each side, so I've taken the headlining out my car and can where (I think) all 4 bolts will come into the car, I looked on an online parts manual and the holes are like a euro style key barrel, if you know what I mean, one end is thin and the other end goes big and is a circle,

also looked at the parts needed, grommet, balancer element, nut,
so is this job as simple as pilot (2mm) hole from inside the car to outside, inside being in the thin end of each of the pre made "holes", then drill with correct size back down from outside to inside, push grommet on each bolt, push balancers on the inside and slide across, fit rail, then fit nut on the bolt end that comes out the balancer. then refit headlining etc.

please can some one let me know any extra details, tricks etc., and/or if I've got some or all of it wrong.

one last thing,
if this is all correct, anyone know where I can get the grommets and the balancers for cheaper then Audi, the balancers are £7.71 each, and I need 8 of them, plus all the rest.

cheers guys

p.s. I've got a A6 C6 4F Avant MK3 2008