1. New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I replaced my 2016 A7’s oem 20 inch Pirelli P zeros after 2 years / 31,000m with Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R - identical spec, load & speed rating - after reading positive reviews of the Vredesteins and previous good experiences with the brand.

After doing 1,000m or so on the Vredesteins I’ve noticed a consistent over sensitivity to road surfaces, anything less than billiard table smooth tarmac causes a steady ‘buzz’ through the steering wheel.

I had all 4 wheels rebalanced by the tyre fitter and that did reduce the vibration but there’s still the wheel ‘buzz’ and a harshness to the ride on rougher road surfaces that I never had with the Pirellis.

My car has the optional air suspension and I’m really fussy about ride quality and road noise, so far both seem to have deteriorated since the tyre change - anyone have any experience of the Vredesteins or suggestions about any other potential causes of the problem?

Thanks for any ideas folks.
    Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

2. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Try adjusting your tyre pressure, sometimes 5psi can make a huge difference. You may need to inflate more or let a couple psi out. Find a benchmark your happy with and stick with that.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    Try adjusting your tyre pressure, sometimes 5psi can make a huge difference. You may need to inflate more or let a couple psi out. Find a benchmark your happy with and stick with that.
    Agreed, it’s worth a try, I’m running at Audi’s standard pressures atm.

I did run the Pirellis at lower pressures for around 15,000m but that led to extra wear on the outside edges of the tread so I reverted to standard pressures well before I replaced them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

4. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I have the XL tyres on my A6 but im only on 17" wheels so run at higher pressure as indicated on the door. Not sure on the A7 but it may have different pressures for normal or XL tyres. You could always email Vredestein customer services and ask for advice.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

5. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I’ve just dropped the cold pressures by 4psi at the front and 3psi at the back. The Vredestein website doesn’t provide any pressure recommendations so I’ll email customer services as suggested.

0 0 0

6. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Guys are they 265/35/20 tyres run flats?
    Mine are Pirelli AO so Audi, XL and 99Y. Just wondering about run flats. Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

7. Re: New tyres over sensitive to road surfaces 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    No, they are not runflats, so that’s not the reason for the differences between the tyres.

0 0 0