1. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I am invited on official presentation of Q8 as of June 21. Shortly thereafter I will share my first impressions with you.

0 1 0

3. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    As promised my first impressions. Q8 looks nicer in reality than on pictures. For me it is much nicer than X6 or GLE Coupe. It is the combination of new A8 and Q7 with the doors of A7 (frameless). Inside as A8, but when you open the hood it is exactly Q7 (I saw TDI version). Two things which I don't like: dummies of the exhaust pipes instead of real ones (RSQ8 will have real 4 pipes) and the steering wheel from current Q7 instead of more modern from new A7 or A6. Talking about the touchscreens....I am afraid that we will have to get used to them if we want to continue with Audi. In the demo car fingerprints were visible on every inch of every touchscreen after 15 minutes of open demonstration. This is the price for modernity and trend, but at the end the software is very logical and easy to use. Even easier and faster than in Q7 4M.
    Price on new Q8 for Polish dealer is still not know but they expect CA 10K Euro premium vs. comparable Q7. I was promised to be invited for the test drive as soon as they get the demo car, probably still in July. I will share my driving impressions after it.
    By the way: Q8 already exists in ETKA - you can compare which parts are interchangeable with Q7.

1 0 0

4. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    What Car review of the first drive

Audi Q8 review 2018 | What Car?

0 1 0

5. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Its nice, looks nice, but I dont like that fingermarking dash... give me buttons any day..... just my own opinion of course.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

6. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Its nice, looks nice, but I dont like that fingermarking dash... give me buttons any day..... just my own opinion of course.
    So, I have a bad news for you Andy if you want to continue with Q7. Yesterday my Audi dealer told me that new Q7 after next year facelift will have Q8’s dash. This information was confirmed to them during their last training in Ingolstadt. This is consistent also with last official press release about A4 facelift in 2019: not big change in exterior but new interior with digital dash. Seems that this is a new Audi trend for all models.

0 1 0

7. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    So, I have a bad news for you Andy if you want to continue with Q7. Yesterday my Audi dealer told me that new Q7 after next year facelift will have Q8’s dash. This information was confirmed to them during their last training in Ingolstadt. This is consistent also with last official press release about A4 facelift in 2019: not big change in exterior but new interior with digital dash. Seems that this is a new Audi trend for all models.
    That’s a shame, as I’ve previously had two vehicles with touchscreen satnav systems built in and I find the current controls in the Q7 are a lot safer to use. With touchscreen buttons because there is no tactile feedback you have to take your eyes off the road to look where you are pointing your fingers, as opposed to feel for the wheel / buttons / pad etc. Especially when the touchscreens are low down that’s a real issue.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

8. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Touchscreen is all about moving with the times before the buttons all come back.

But like Andy this would drive me insane

0 0 0

9. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    It’s not for me either. I think I’ll be looking at BMW next year when the 3 years is up.
    Former Q7 owner

0 1 0

10. Re: Q8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    I agree with SrbSq7 on this too. Voice for Navigation everytime. Hit the button, wait for the beep and say "Online Search XYZ" , e.g "Online Search Bluewater Shopping Centre". It goes off online and grabs it and you say "yes" to accept it. Job done. I never use the touchpad for writing anything
    Thanks for this, I hadn't realised you could do this and use it all the time now, it works really well.

0 1 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast