Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to

1. Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Howdy Q7 'ers

Been a while posting & reading stuff on here, miss it , wishing my old job back lol :-0

In any case.. just wanted to put this out there as was making a "hit-list" of things for Audi to check along the usual service next month, not even sure what that includes really. Will need to look it up next. Will be trying the Audi-Cam service even though not sure if it's any bother, or if Slough will even carry it out.

Anyone one got any experiences or bits they missed or think maybe Audi should have looked at and they missed when it went in for it's Maiden service..?

Will be great to hear any tips or make sure to .... squeeze the Audi 1st service

Cheers
    All the Best! Q :-)

satyp
    Last edited by satyp; 05-06-2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: post format gibberish html code

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My first service is coming up v soon , so be interested in seeing any tips too

0 1 0

3. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Just pay on the card without looking at the amount.
    Former Q7 owner

0 2 0

4. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Maiden Service

Had a hitlist of issues.. Most if which Audi explained as not covered under warranty, but then waived a lot of the charges when I started agreeing to pay for a few bits above the service.

- Back Viper & spray blocked * - I was told that this prone getting blocked due to hard water if non audi windscreen was used. ;-) I know right... I humoured applauded service rep at this stage, simply amazing way to explain away a warranty as void even if applicable lol

- Wifi Data Sharing SIM * on MMI 3G+ Connect versions - basically found out that on the new audis it's law that we can no longer share our unlimited data in the car Wifi via BLUETOOTH as we did in the last Q7, a dedicated SIM module is required (as in the glove box) there is no way to change the SIM to your phones when connected via Bluetooth, it's greyed out to the Audi Connect SIM. It's a bit ridiculous.

Conclusion by another dedicated SIM for the car even if you unlimited data (30GB/pm hot-spot in my case) via my phone, you are not allowed to used it in the car via the on board WiFi system when connected to the car via BLUETOOTH, go figure

- ‎Back right seat *stuck on the seat gliders, unresolved as couldn't be replicated u

Other minor buts
    - Ashtray Back footwell - keeps coming off ; unresolved as its a poor design issue which what I expected anyway .

- ‎Fuel Economy:- is disgustingly off mark even if aircon etc is off full tank says 600+miles get 350 at best even in efficiency
    -
    - ‎DAB - cuts off randomly ; unresolved as no fix
    - ‎Bonnet hinge bit - easily comesoff during cleaning; unresolved

I didn't expect Audi to fix most of these, but was interested to say for each issue. Basically the new components are not German quality for our while now essentially cheaper parts and materials with rushed designs are used in the factories in Ingolstadt
    Bavaria , Romania etc wherever they are

No Doubt Audi will iterate over the years depending on how ppl complain failing that the parts industry is huge and lucrative market for any company especially true of the automotive industry.

Hopefully we get our money's worth with stronger, lighter and longer lasting materials in the future.

Next project Tyres

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 SUV 285/45 R20 112Y XL, AO, FP * 4

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Just pay on the card without looking at the amount.
    Yep they usually like it the more you spend even if could be covered by warranty... Lol

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyp View Post

- Wifi Data Sharing SIM * on MMI 3G+ Connect versions - basically found out that on the new audis it's law that we can no longer share our unlimited data in the car Wifi via BLUETOOTH as we did in the last Q7, a dedicated SIM module is required (as in the glove box) there is no way to change the SIM to your phones when connected via Bluetooth, it's greyed out to the Audi Connect SIM. It's a bit ridiculous.

Conclusion by another dedicated SIM for the car even if you unlimited data (30GB/pm hot-spot in my case) via my phone, you are not allowed to used it in the car via the on board WiFi system when connected to the car via BLUETOOTH, go figure
    Not sure I understand this, I regularly share my Samsung A5's data plan via Bluetooth and the kids connect their tablets to the Q7's wifi hotspot and watch youtube no probs. You need to set it up a specific way, I wrote about it here: Configuring the Audi MMI WiFi hot-spot | Notes from a Nerd

1 1 0

7. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    Not sure I understand this, I regularly share my Samsung A5's data plan via Bluetooth and the kids connect their tablets to the Q7's wifi hotspot and watch youtube no probs. You need to set it up a specific way, I wrote about it here: Configuring the Audi MMI WiFi hot-spot | Notes from a Nerd
    Wow this is interesting, I could swear I'd been down every menu, Couldn't understand why it would be law (as per Audi) & not to be able to use your own data

Will give this a crack in a few days..
    Thanks buddy..

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I share my phones 4G data with my Q7 all the time, but I have an early MY16 without the embedded SIM if that makes any difference, but its definitely possible

0 1 0

9. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    I share my phones 4G data with my Q7 all the time, but I have an early MY16 without the embedded SIM if that makes any difference, but its definitely possible
    Yeah... Can on the early ones it's the one with the eSim where the connect SIM is greyed out until another SIM is inserted into the module.

Took it to Audi and they told me it can no longer be done on the new Audis with connect SIMs.

Can't understand how the advise they dish out can be so off..

'@frontys' article appears promising, will give it a try and update.. ;-)

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    Didn't have the extra connect option in Bluetooth profile with Samsung and Huawei , although have seen it in the past, not sure I have on the this Q7 4M, will try with other phones and or SIMs

0 0 0