Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hey all.

Firstly, 2005 A6 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro.

My primary question is this. My car has approx 500ML too much oil, and I want to suck some of it out. I got a sort of plunger type of thing, about the size of a mastic gun, and it has an 8 inch rubber hose on the end. Took the oil cap off thinking I could suck it out of there, but nope, hose does not reach any oil, unscrewed filter, same problem, anyone able to tell me where or how I can suck out some of the oil, only for the next few days then at the weekend im going to be changing it all., but I am worried about driving it 400 miles with too much oil.

My secondary questions is, does the following instructables look right?

I have been researching an oil change, and Oil and fuel filter change, and to my surprise, given the side of the beast it all looks fairly simple.
    • Put front of car up on ramps (for some strange reason I do have a set of ramps) or jack front up (Trolly jack (have one of them as well)
    • Remove the engive cover (under car one)
    • Remove oil cap
    • Remove Oil filter
    • Undo sump plug until oil flows, and wait for it to stop.
    • Clean up sump and put new ring, and new plug if you have one back in
    • Roll car off ramps/Lower car to level ground
    • Add replacement oil, 8L total 05/30w
    • Fill oil filter area up before putting new oil filter in (this should make up the .2L of extra oil needed)
    • Put oil cap on, check levels, start car
    • Fuel filter, unclip all items on top
    • prep for a little spillage (wrap old t-shirt or something I assume)
    • Take out old one
    • fill up new one with fuel
    • put in plug it all in start car

This seems about right. I dont think even I need pictures, its all right there in front of me under the bonnet.

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
    Hey all.

My primary question is this. My car has approx 500ML too much oil, and I want to suck some of it out. I got a sort of plunger type of thing, about the size of a mastic gun, and it has an 8 inch rubber hose on the end. Took the oil cap off thinking I could suck it out of there, but nope, hose does not reach any oil, unscrewed filter, same problem, anyone able to tell me where or how I can suck out some of the oil, only for the next few days then at the weekend im going to be changing it all., but I am worried about driving it 400 miles with too much oil.

I have been researching an oil change, and Oil and fuel filter change, and to my surprise, given the side of the beast it all looks fairly simple.
    • Put front of car up on ramps (for some strange reason I do have a set of ramps) or jack front up (Trolly jack (have one of them as well)
    • Remove oil cap
    • Remove Oil filter
    • Fill oil filter area up before putting new oil filter in (this should make up the .2L of extra oil needed)
    • Take out old one

This seems about right. I dont think even I need pictures, its all right there in front of me under the bonnet.

Use Dip stick tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    lol, I misread that and thought I was being called a Dipstick. You can get a tube to go into where the dipstick is, I assume any tube will suffice, I have a piece of old Vacume pipe from my wifes old Classic mini will that do?

0 1 0

4. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    We have Pella type pumps with long thin plastic tubes we put down the dipstick tube to correct slight overfilling errors.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    This is what I have, but the rubber pipe it comes with is too short to reach anything

Clarke CGG500 500cc Oil Suction Gun - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

I dont really want to buy another tool, so Ill try and find somewhere to buy longer pipe for this one

0 0 0

6. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 0 0

7. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hey all.

• Remove oil cap
    • Remove Oil filter
    • Take out old one

I wouldn't worry about 500ml of overfill.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

8. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Yes 0.5ltrs in an approx 8lt capacity is bugger all.
    But do be aware that the injectors in your age of 3.0tdi can dribble diesel in to the oil. So if the increased all level is down to that you have a problem.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 1 0

9. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Interestingly, the garage that did the body repairs for me on my recent accident, they put it on a ramp for me and took the excess oil out, and the car is feeling much better, I did find the extra oil made the engine go into limp mode allot, like almost all the time, since the removal of the extra oil, not happened.

I am aware I do indeed have leaking injectors, and I will be looking to replace these over time, too much outlay in one hit for me at the moment.
    I plan on doing the oil change, oil and fuel filter change and air filter change at the end of this month, as well as cleaning out the motor for something I cant remember the name of, as that is another thing that needs done, oh and the heater thing as well.

0 0 0

10. Re: Oil level and removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    lol, I misread that and thought I was being called a Dipstick. You can get a tube to go into where the dipstick is, I assume any tube will suffice, I have a piece of old Vacume pipe from my wifes old Classic mini will that do?
    Oops!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0