Notices

User Tag List

Thread: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently had a P0113 warnings on my 59 plate, MK6 VW Golf, Diesel, Bluemotion, CAYC car. I’m on the road and I’m unable to fault find any wiring issues, so I thought I’d take a gamble and pop into a VW dealer and ask for a new IAT. They have orders me a 03L 906 461 Air Mass Meter. I guess my question is; is this the right part? If not, could someone please give me a part number for the IAT for a CAYC engine. Also a schematic or picture of where it is would be incredibly useful to me.

Symptoms:
    1:The MIL came on (P0113 error)
    2:The acceleration isn’t linear through the throttle, there are sporadic dips in power.
    3: Ignition coil started blinking
    4: Car went into Limp mode.
    5: Resarted car and DPF light came on.
    6: I managed to burn off the DPF Light but car is still sporadically losing power for short bursts.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    You need to get it scanned before gambling on any more parts, cancel that order if you can until you've pinpointed the issue. I doubt you problem is related to the air mass meter.

0 0 0

3. P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Rob. My VCDS is back in London so I can’t scan it right now, and I don’t fancy driving back there in Limp mode. I’m willing to take a punt and replace the IAT but I don’t know if it’s integrated in the AMM, as VW has suggested it is (I have my doubts.) If it’s not integrated in the AMM then I will cancel the order and get the relevant part. If someone knows the part number and location of the IAT I would be most grateful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    03L 906 461 is I think a 3 wire air mass meter so the intake temperature sensor would be in the thrust sensor in the boost pipe, 038 906 051 C BUT that is from memory at home, not being able to check.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher. Where would I find this sensor in the engine. If you could really spell it out for me that would be great. I’m a simple mech.

(Knowing my luck, it’ll be in the belly of the beast.)

Update: I found the sensor under the alternator rig, on the boost pipe. You have to access it from under the car. Thanks again Crasher.

Update, Update: I phoned the VW dealer and they said that the Intake Temp Sensor isn’t in the 038 906 051 C sensor and that this sensor is just a pressure sensor on the boost pipe. So I’m confused. I trust Crasher more than this Dealer bloke, but it would be nice to get confirmation.

Last edited by MattMech; 30-05-2018 at 09:45 AM.

0 0 0

6. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    I have checked and the G42 inake air temperature sender is in with the charge pressure sender G31 in a combined unit which the VW parts department refers to as a "Pressure sensor" or a "Thrust sensor", I get the part number as being 038 906 051 C. The bad news is that it is on the boost pipe and a real sod to get at and only from below. It is a pity the one we just had in the middle bay didn't need to go on the lift as I would have taken a picture. We have another CAYC Golf 6 outside that MAY be coming in later for a clutch if the customer gives us the go ahead and I can take a picture then. This is what the sensor looks like

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the good news is that Crasher is right (as always) the Intake Air Temp is In the 038 906 051C sensor. The bad news is that replacing the sensor didn’t fix the car. It still goes into limp mode and the error code P0113 still persists. I’m open to suggestions if anyone thinks they’ve dealt with this before.

0 0 0

8. P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update, Take #56: So after I replaced the IAT/Thrust/MAP sensor, I also replaced the MAF sensor (*). Replacing these sensors did not fix the issue so I trolled through the forums again and found this:

Please Help Golf MK6 ANNOYING CODES P0113 P0238

Flash2 was adamant that the Earth wire (pin 1, brown - at least on my engine) on the IAT is to blame. I buzzed it through from the front of the sensor and it buzzed fine (approx 2ohms.) I buzzed it from the back probe of the sensor...again fine. Then I started the engine, Boom, the ground resistance flew up into the top end of the Kohms. Et Voila! The ground wire for that sensor must be effected by the vibrations of the engine, I.e something is rubbing something else for some reasons, somewhere it shouldn’t. I went full Macgyver and soldered the back probe (a paper clip) onto a cable which I anchored to the alternator fixing bolt. Basically creating a ground for that sensor through the chassis.

And it WORKED! For the moment at least. It’s a temporary fix, just to get me back home to the workshop where I can do a full test on the loom.

If anyone knows where the break in this ground usually occurs please let me know. It will save me hours of probing in the shop.

*VW genuine parts; extremely expensive and they don’t even come with new screw. FFS VW!

0 1 0

9. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    I tried to post this earlier but my PC decided that windows update was more important and locked the machine up.

Check the wiring adjacent to the head in front of the tandum pump, it rubs through.

h

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

10. Re: P0113 CAYC MK6 Golf Intake Air Temp (have VW ordered me the right part?) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. I checked the tandem pump but it hasn’t rubbed through there. Are there any other suggestions of where the loom might have broken?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast