Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my VW Golf SV with a VW Touran now that the family has grown a bit. I had a look in the showroom and they had an SE Family trim car which looks great but I think might go for the SEL instead as I want the bigger engine and some of the other extras in it.

I have gotten a bit confused with the website though. For the SE Family it says "3 single seats in the 2nd row" as standard for the SE Family but it doesn't state that for any of the other trims. I definitely want the 3 single seats in the 2nd row but as far as I can see online all the models have this (from pictures or videos) but I have so far only been able to see the SE Family range in the two dealers near me and they have not been able to confirm whether the seats are different on the other models. I have also emailed VW but still waiting for a response so just wanted to message on here to see if anybody knew the answer.

Does anyone on here know whether the 2nd row seats are different on the SE Family to the rest of the range or is the website just not stating that as a standard fit on all the new Tourans?

Let me know if that doesn't make sense above - it appears on the VW website under the Touran SE Family spec under Comfort & Convenience and shows as 3 single seats in the 2nd row - something no other Touran has listed.

Thanks

David

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Touran - 3 single seats in the 2nd row 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had the same conundrum, but ended up with a Sharan for the extra room as the 3rd row in the touran is pointless, unless you have amputees for children, certainly no chance of adults getting in the back or having a car or booster seat back there.

Every touran I looked at or indeed saw on the internet had 3 separate seats in the 2nd row, didn't see any with a split 60/40 or similar, it's all 3 chairs.

But.....the chairs are not very wide and 3 car seats was a bit of a squeeze, not so in the Sharan which is a fair bit bigger in all directions, with a spacious 3rd row and an actual boot even with all the seats in place.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Touran - 3 single seats in the 2nd row 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aboswell1980 View Post
    ...the 3rd row in the touran is pointless, unless you have amputees for children, certainly no chance of adults getting in the back
    They aren't that bad. We regularly used ours to carry driver plus 6 children to parties, etc up to age 10. Gets a bit harder after that though . We have also done a New Year's night out for adult friends with the two smaller ladies on them, which has workable but not elegant for entry / exit - especially at end of evening. And just last week I followed one being used as a minicab which had at least one (possibly two) chunky chaps on the back row before it pulled up outside a local pub. It was sitting so low on the rear suspension it caught my eye to work out why!

0 0 0