1. A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I have a 2018 C7 with the standard wheels for S-line - 18" with 245/45 Tyres. I came from having an AWD Skoda Yeti so will miss the snow capabilities of that (used All Season tyres on that as made the most sense having AWD to assist). The A6, been FWD, going have to go the full winter tyre route, rather than All Season me thinks so looking at wheel & tyre packages - I know its rather early in the year but did originally hope that I would catch someone selling a set if they are moving their car on.

Anyway, I have seen a set of wheels/tyres - Genuine Audi rims - believe that the existing wheels are ET39, 112 Stud dia, 8J whereas the ones I have seen are, although 18" - ET37, 112, 7.5J and come with 225/50 Pirelli winter tyres.

The difference in tyre diameter is minimal (within the recommended difference) but is the alloy a straight swap?

TIA - Tomo.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    If it's the link I think you are looking at SET OF FOUR GENUINE AUDI A6 S6 C7 18” ALLOY WHEELS + PIRELLI WINTER TYRES | eBay then the compatibility checker at the bottom suggest that they will fit a 2.0Tdi - unclear if that includes s-Line.

The width difference 7.5J instead of 8J on you "summers" is actually correct. Audi winter wheels are a half inch narrower rim than the summers - to accommodate snow chains should you desire to fit them and avoid fouling callipers etc. They actually use the same size tyre (at least on my allroad they do).

I'd be tempted to do a bit of research on the audi UK web site and see what they would sell you for your specific car spec... then try to get the same.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yes, they are the ones - although cheaper from them direct rather than via FleaBay.

WillTheyFit appears to support them fitting (wheel and tyre) and as I say, overall dia. is only very slightly different - I also am aware that winters are better if slimmer width / higher profile.

Just checking if anyone here can throw any spanners in the works and if I have missed anything obvious. Never changed wheels before (so offset/ET blah blah is double dutch) and want to keep to OEM as its a lease motor (3 years). Appreciate that they aint the best winter rubber out there either but for 700 quid its a no brainer, tyres alone would cost 600 :-)

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I might have a set going soon. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the c7 or move on to something else.
    Things to think about it is that winters dont actually cost anymore. You are just sharing the wear on tyres across 2 sets instead of 1 set of tyres. The wheels have a relatively high residual when you sell them on.
    For insurance purposes I would go with Audi wheels and AO spec tyres. Some insurance can be a bit of pain as non Audi wheels they will charge you as aftermarket set which will bump up premiums.
    My opinion is they are worth it. In the beast from the east I had snow up to almost headlight and the car didnt even flinch but that was Quattro and winter tyres. My wifes 4wd suv with summers couldnt even get out the street.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    I might have a set going soon. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the c7 or move on to something else.
    Things to think about it is that winters don’t actually cost anymore. You are just sharing the wear on tyres across 2 sets instead of 1 set of tyres. The wheels have a relatively high residual when you sell them on.
    For insurance purposes I would go with Audi wheels and AO spec tyres. Some insurance can be a bit of pain as non Audi wheels they will charge you as aftermarket set which will bump up premiums.
    My opinion is they are worth it. In the beast from the east I had snow up to almost headlight and the car didn’t even flinch but that was Quattro and winter tyres. My wife’s 4wd suv with summers couldn’t even get out the street.
    Agree re the cost, just sharing the wear over two sets of tyres.
    Been a lease, definitely need to stick to spec.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    What you're proposing Tomo is entirely logical and there's a good chance that your wheels will be of value when you've finished using them - either on your next VW group car or to someone else with one. As long as the centre bore is correct for the A6 they can find a secondary market among Skoda and SEAT users with adapters. It doesn't generally work the other way around although Kodiaq might be on a larger CB.

My only concern is whether you've considered the slightly "inboard" stance that the car will have given the relative position of the winter setup. It's not massive, but you'll notice it, possibly also in terms of handling too (notwithstanding winter conditions). It will help keep the car slightly cleaner though.

You'll be aware of the spectrum of all-season tyres from your Yeti. I've imported winters and all-season tyres and have each end of the spectrum on our various cars. My 2WD SEAT on full winters actually performs the worst in snow, possibly because of the driver aids and its light engine over the driven axle. A C7 shouldn't have such problems but be prepared to experiment with traction control ASR options depending on conditions. My quattro never misses a beat on all-seasons with a compound just 3% harder than the manufacturer's winter one - but I don't drive it as enthusiastically as when it's on normal summers.

Also consider your return options when the car is due off lease. I've been more than impressed with Michelin CrossClimates which are available in your original size. Although I've used them on our 2WD Skoda in the snow, I'd still pick a full winter setup if going to the Alps but my circumstances mean they cover 99% of my UK requirement with sufficient confidence. Fitting these would enable their full use during the lease with 40-50 costs of refitting the originals for return at the end of the lease. I remember seeing a lot of Octavia vRS folk jumping on these when there was a great offer on amazon, so you might find some good feedback if you're familiar with "brisky".

I'm not saying which is right or wrong, but these are things you might wish to consider.

I'm admittedly slightly maverick compared to some voices on here in that I'll happily use aftermarket wheels (no insurance penalty - just not covered if they're stolen) and non-standard tyre sizes if that gets the pattern/compound I'm looking for. (I fitted 245/45 18s to my Octavia which shares the same stock size as the Yeti). By all means stick with approved AO homologated tyres for peace of mind, but also recognise that your choice is limited and generally more expensive. Just ensure you tell your insurers what you're doing.

It comes down to your attitude to the various compromises and your perceived risk of the driving conditions you'll encounter. Admittedly I've got some snow chains I've never used.
    Last edited by Splash; 28-05-2018 at 09:01 AM. Reason: just in case
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply splash - i had not considered the affect on the stance of the car and indeed the possible change in driving characteristics.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone! I am planning to drive through Europe and I have to buy winter tyres for my A6 C7 2.0TDI 2016 , the current tyres size is 255/35 R20 , what if I buy 255/40 R20 tyres ? Of course used tyres like 6-7mm tread . Does anyone have experience ? The guy in tyre shop said its fit and no problem .

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobi View Post
    Hi Everyone! I am planning to drive through Europe and I have to buy winter tyres for my A6 C7 2.0TDI 2016 , the current tyres size is 255/35 R20 , what if I buy 255/40 R20 tyres ? Of course used tyres like 6-7mm tread . Does anyone have experience ? The guy in tyre shop said its fit and no problem .
    I'm not sure if it's true. But if your wheel diameter changes from factory spec at all you will need new insurance as it will be void. Be careful.as insurances are crafty.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C7 Saloon S-Line Winter Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobi View Post
    If you change a profile, you also need to adjust diameter which would result in changing the wheels as well. So if you want keep factory settings but adjust profile to 40 then your wheel size will be 19 255/40/19

I would suggest to get some used 18 wheels and get 255/45/18 or even 245/45/18 as a winter set. You might be lucky and getting the wheels and winter tyres together .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current: 2019 A6 S-Line 40 TDI Avant (de-chromed)
    sold: 2015 A6 S-line Black Edition 2.0 TDI ULTRA
    MODs: CarPlay with RMC, Ambient Lighting

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast