1. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well, the damn car still creaks without all the tailgate trims so its not them!
    However, I did notice that the creaking appeared to have stopped when I had the sunroof fully open and the inner blind fully closed. Not a common combination. As I don't use the car much and Mrs S is not at all bothered by the creak, it takes time for me to try all the different combinations to locate the damn creak and I regularly get a sigh form the passenger seat when I turn the radio off to make the creak more apparent!!
    Next time I use or go out in the car I'll carry out some more experiments. I really can't believe that I have not had the inner blind shut before whilst searching. Hey ho.
    All the trim now back in and contact points Gummi Pfleged ready for the next run out.
    2014 Audi A4 Avant S Line AWD Blue 45k miles plus several Jags.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Still creaks!
    With sunroof open or shut and inner blind open or closed, but it does effect the amount of creak. I think it is due to the solidity of the car changing when the sunroof is shut. Listening for the source of the creak by sitting in the rear the other day, I think it is coming from both sides around the top of the C posts, but could not really identify the source clearly
    I suffered creaking on Wednesday whilst taking a return trip to Brighton for the day in the Audi so yesterday I set about my search again.
    After a lot of effort, I managed to remove the C post cover by forcing the top pin out from behind the roof panel. Once I could see how the panel was fitted into the roof, I squirted the there panel fitting with some PDF spray using a fine nozzle and went for a short ride to find the creaking had gone - well it seemed to have gone but ...............
    Re-fitting the C post cover was a right pain as it needs to be fitted BEFORE all the lower trip is fitted. Eventually, I managed it but there were a few swear words used especially when trying to remove the rear seat belt guide until I found out it just slides off!

Here is the tab that secures the cover to the roof. I stuck some more felt on the tab as the original had worn off.

I just hope I have finally cured the creak.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    With mine I found the problem was the rubber seals around the doors (and boot?), particularly the rear doors. Seems that when these are dry any movement of the door whilst driving e.g. on spread bumps would result in a creaking noise. Seemed to work, but need to reapply every so often.

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Got fed up of the tapping noise so just tried what jds68 did in post 7. Took less than 10 mins.
    Pins snapped off with thin nose pliers and i’ve splayed apart the thin metal that was around them a little bit.
    Fingers crosses it sorts it..
    66 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro S line
    16 plate A6 3.0tdi quattro s line - gone @ 23.5k
    58 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro se, leather sports seats, no other goodies - gone @ 139k
    56 plate A3 2.0T quattro s line - gone @ 50k
    Y plate A6 2.5tdi quattro sport - gone @ £145k

0 1 0

5. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My creaking all but disappeared during the winter but since temperatures have increased its come back!!!!
    Sooo annoying.

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Been for a quick spin, no tapping . Defo recommend trying this cure.
    I used a stiff plastic kitchen spatula to lever the trim, then get fingers in and pull hard towards centre of car.
    2 clips to unclip then wiggle lower edge of the trim out of the parcel shelf. Now put down the seat back for next bit.
    Then move back the edge of the roof lining to see the tab.
    i suspect the noise may be coming from the thin metal circular bits around the tabs, so with the tab gone I levered the metal apart with a small screwdriver..
    I’ve put off doing this thinking it would be hard and may break the clips, but the noise was driving me mad.
    It ended up being very easy and the clips are robust so should not break. Literally 10 mins to do.
    Give it a go before VE drinks time .
    66 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro S line
    16 plate A6 3.0tdi quattro s line - gone @ 23.5k
    58 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro se, leather sports seats, no other goodies - gone @ 139k
    56 plate A3 2.0T quattro s line - gone @ 50k
    Y plate A6 2.5tdi quattro sport - gone @ £145k

0 1 0

7. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The sound from rubber door seals different - it happens during acceleration and braking. The sound of the topic is the window chattering with high pitch on the rough surfaces. I hear this sound from rear right pillar, and after i tried to eliminate plastic pin and lift up metal - my pin sticked off from the window and become travelling in "outer space". This was a biggest pain in my a** since all of my VAGs. Think twice before this procedure.

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my car 3,0 TDI Fully loaded launch vehicle, First let me just say this rattle/noise is temperature sensitive,
    I heard a loud cracking noise maybe once or twice summer 2016, then nothing till the following summer,
    i heard this noise several times , i did take car back to Audi Liverpool but they were not interested
    Since then this noise has become more frequent and is at its worst around 12 degrees,
    Like yourself i thought this noise was coming from the rear,
    It doesn't i had a mate drive the car whilst i took one half of the back seat down and put my head in the boot,
    i could hear no rattle but my mate who was driving said the rattle never stopped,
    Also check this out after a hot day, take ur car out late evening ut your passenger window down in my car its a totally different noise the rattle has gone
    and its sounds like your dragging a tin can directly under your passenger door, This might sound a bit daft but this tin can rattling noise only happens after
    a hot day and a shower of rain,
    Im like you luv the car but this noise is getting worse as the years pass by,

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    28215491-A013-4B74-ADE2-E0FE6030A2F9.jpgC2EA58C0-45CD-43A1-99F9-696A742384F5.jpgEE9EFAF0-15F8-4EE5-8355-4D9AE458E15C.jpgA couple of months ago I decided to bite the bullet and spent the whole day removing the headlining. There were about 12 hex bolts securing the sunroof to the bodywork which I’ve tightened up after which the creek has almost disappeared.
    I have an Audi dog guard fitted which helps strengthen the cars structure which also made a difference when poor dog died and guard was removed.
    I am convinced that if I had removed the whole pan roof and fitted some double sided tape between the pan rood and car roof the creak would be gone forever.
    I might do that one day but as my Mrs drives the Audi and is not bothered, I may not ever get around to it.

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 B9 - Creaking / Tapping noise from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    FINALLY cured the dreaded creak.
    IMG_3209.jpg
    I wedged some blue rope in the gap between the roof lining and the black metal sunroof surround at the rear of the sunroof on both sides.

Hoorah! Silence at last. Now on 85,000 miles ����

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12