1. Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I had some new Continentals fitted to the front of my BiTdi four weeks ago and since then I’ve had an issue with the tyre pressure warning system. The warning light comes on after 50-55 motorway miles. I reset it via the MMI and the same happens again after a motorway run over 50 Miles.

Anyone have thoughts about what’s going on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanK View Post
    I had some new Continentals fitted to the front of my BiTdi four weeks ago and since then I’ve had an issue with the tyre pressure warning system. The warning light comes on after 50-55 motorway miles. I reset it via the MMI and the same happens again after a motorway run over 50 Miles.

Anyone have thoughts about what’s going on?

Thanks

Check tyre pressures using old school gauge ... maybe slow leak/poor seating of new tyre on wheel.. etc

A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

1 0 0

3. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Just had this with the wife's VW, two new tyres and keep having to reset. Pressure never seems to budge, problem just went away after three resets.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

1 0 0

4. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Could be signs of an abs sensor failing.
    Tpms relies on abs readings and if it’s out of range then It will trigger.
    Other things to check is the wheel nuts tight. Should always check these after a hundred miles or so after fitting new tyres.

1 0 0

5. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Could it be that one of the tyres is smaller than the other? Seems unlikely - but I would check the diameter of each tyre to ensure they are the same (check the tyres are identical size and specification - perhaps they fitted two different generations of the same tyre make and type). I am guessing that you have checked the pressures and all is OK there. Also, a failing ABS sensor is too much of a coincidence, unless it got damaged during the tyre fit - but then, why only play up after 50 miles of driving?

0 0 0

6. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Have had it go off twice for no reason when checked all OK so think sometimes it just happens. But, had 4 new tyres fitted last week, did not reset to see what happened, it was over 60 miles before it went off. Have done reset and all OK since.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

7. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I had some new tyres fitted 5-6 months ago and have travelled down through france a couple of times at autoroute speeds with no issues. I always check the pressures before my trips. On the last trip however, with the air temperature up in the high 20's after about 200 miles I got an "underpressure" warning. Quick pull off the motorway into a rest area and checked the tyre pressures and they were all high due to being "hot" but the fronts were within 1psi of each other as were the rears. The only thing I can thnk of is the amount of the increase in the front vs the rear made the tyres eventually rotate at a speed where the ABS system thought the tyre was flat due to the % difference between the front and rear.

1 0 0

8. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I would double check the spec of the tyre is correct and make sure there’s no bulges or deformation in the sidewall or centre of tread.
    I’ve had 3 c7 with well over 120k across them and not had any of these issues.
    Had so many different sets of tyres and sizes including winters and not experienced this.
    A trip recently was 400 miles without stopping doing averaging maybe a little above speed limit and didn’t get warnings.

0 0 0

9. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    The Audi system is far better than the one fitted to the 2002 Renoooo Laguna I had. On that, it set the warning off whenever you drove the thing. Set the pressures to the "loaded" pressures for a holiday trip and after about 50 miles you would get the over inflated warning.

0 0 0

10. Re: Tyre Inflation Warning Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    What I’m trying to get at is these systems are fairly simple. It’s simple logic. I.e If the wheels are turning at different speed when steering angle is straight then flag the light and tell you which one is the culprit. It’s a simple safety system.
    So worth investigating further rather than say it does it all the time and ignore it. Don’t want a complete blow out doing 70mph or something not working like abs when you really need it to.
    Only time mine has been on was a slow puncture. Lit up as soon as it dropped to about 25psi when all the others were around 35/38 psi. Never came on otherwise whether I drove 2 miles or 500 without stopping or drove at 20mph or 100mph.
    Don’t know if it make a difference but all the tyres I’ve had across the 3 c7s were all AO rated. Had all brands, winter and summer, fitted as well. Michelin’s, Goodyear, Dunlop and Bridgestone and never had any issues when new tyres were fitted. As I said it’s a safety system so worth checking out.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast