1. Wink Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    My old A6 C6 2.0TDI with Basic+ that I traded in and my new A6 C7 Facelift Avant 3.0 BiTDI that I traded it in for. Sad to see the old girl go, but the fun of driving the new car is softening the blow ��

IMAG0806_1.jpg
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 1 0

2. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Congratulations on the new beastie...

OMG going from a 2.0Tdi C6 to a BiTdi is a HUGE step up in performance - and tech.

Some people say that the C6 build quality was better but I've not really seen any difference - I went from a C6 3.0 Tdi quattro avant to my allroad BiTdi and I've loved it.
    The ZF 8 speed box is definitely a step forwards (although it does have it's foibles) and the BiTdi delivers more than the performance I expected - which the C6 3.0 Tdi never did.. it was always a bit disappointing IMO.

Have fun, enjoy and try not to get yourself in trouble - the 30 - 90MPH performance is crazy so on road overtaking etc is a bit too easy
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

3. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Wow, you're not kidding there. I took it for a run last night and it really is a grin-maker. I was grinning from ear to ear. It's very easy in this car, to forget what speed you're doing however, so I need to be careful of that.

Yet to properly have a go at manually changing gears using either the paddles or the heartsick. Again another learning experience being my first automatic and my first 8 speed.

Not noticed the build quality difference myself either. I know that it's a surprisingly comfortable ride despite all I'd read about the S-Line's harsh suspension and the fact it has 20" wheels.

Absolutely loving it at the moment.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

4. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Have you figured out the "S" mode for the gearbox yet? That livens things up a whole lot more...
    Drops into it if you put the drive select in dynamic but you can also pull back on the gear lever (just bounce it off the backstop) and it switches to S. Pull back again for D. You won't see 8th gear in S unless you force it with the paddles.

Another tip.. if you change with the paddles then it stays in M for a short time. If you want to force it back to D (or S) then shove the gear lever left into permanent manual and then back right into auto.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

5. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I did have a little play in S mode yesterday, as it goes. To be honest I wasn't sure after a while, whether I was in D or S and I didn't know how to tell. I was actually going to ask the question anyway, so your timing is impeccable. I've not consulted the manual yet, but I had wondered what the letters in front of the gear number meant, whether M or S, or have I seen E as well?

This should probably have been one of the first things I tried, but I just had a go on the paddles for the first time yesterday too. You've got to be pretty quick to keep up with the car before it red lines in each gear. As you say, its 30-90 time is rapid.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

6. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Gear indicator at bottom of MMI shows one of 4 "modes" and the selected gear
    D - regular auto shift
    S - Sport / dynamic - changes shift characteristics, holds lower gears to stay in torque band, seems to tweak engine behaviour a bit too
    E - Efficiency... never bothered with it, you get it when you select efficiency in Drive Select but it will make the car a bit sluggish and I don't see the point unless you are low on fuel and struggling to reach a petrol station.
    M - Manual gear shift mode selected either "temporarily" by shifting on paddles whilst in D / S / E (so it will revert back on it's own) or "permanently" cos you shoved the gear stick to the left.

0 1 0

7. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Perfect, thanks. I think I'll probably use Individual drive mode most of the time, with Dynamic sound and the others set to comfort. That's the theory anyway, but while it's still new to me, I'm struggling to resist having it in anything other than Dynamic and Sport. It's just too damn fun to resist.

Just been looking at data Sims today, to get satellite nav display and see what other cool stuff it will allow me to do. Also on the list is getting an SD Card filled with all our music. Coming from Basic+, this is like the starship enterprise in comparison.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

8. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I mostly use individual with Dynamic sounds and everything else set to Auto. A bit different on the allroad as this allows the air suspension to do it's stuff - in particular dropping the car down at motorway speeds which aids fuel consumption. I'd be tempted to try that first - allow the car to decide except for the lovely exhaust note of course.

If you have tech pack then you should have the built in hard disk based jukebox.... I think it's 12Gb although it might be 20Gb (the rest of the disk has the SatNav maps) - at least on my pre-facelift it does. Just load an SD card with a bunch of stuff and when you will be in the car for a drive start it loading - the car will copy across from the SD card to the HDD for you but it does take a while.

0 0 0

9. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Cheers, you've been a big help. Lots of new features & terminology that I'm trying to understand, so this is really useful. Will jump on Amazon in a bit and buy myself an SD card. We do regular 3 hour drives, so it'll have plenty of time to download.

The other big change is that I no longer look for parking spaces as near to the shop as possible, it's a mission to find the space least likely to have someone park next to me
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

10. Re: Out with the old & in with the new 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    ............... I've not consulted the manual yet........
    Good God man, I should hope not!

Lets not let the side down now
    Awaiting A6 Avant Quattro SE Executive 3.0 TDI 218ps.

Metallic Diamond beige, adaptive air suspension, Bose surround sound, LED matrix headlights, parking pack, technology pack, ambient lighting, heated folding mirrors, comfort seats, privacy glass and finally a swivelling ball!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast