1. Unhappy Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    So I've had the car about 9 months now, I really like it but am noticing the big chunk of cash leaving my account every month which I am starting to think I could spend on the house or nice holidays or something.

However, the car seems to have developed an incredibly annoying metallic sounding rattle from the o/s middle row seat somewhere, it seems to disappear if someone sits on that seat but if there's no-one there I get this awful rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat sound, it's driving me bonkers! Does anyone else suffer from this or have any idea what it could be? It almost sounds like it could be something inside the door touching the inner skin of the bodywork but can't figure out why it would go away when someone sits in that seat.

0 0 0

2. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi
    Probably not what you are hearing, but I hear rear seat belts tapping against trim when rear seat unoccupied. But that's not metallic.

Otherwise totally rattle free (and I am picky)

0 0 0

3. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Hi
    Probably not what you are hearing, but I hear rear seat belts tapping against trim when rear seat unoccupied. But that's not metallic.

Otherwise totally rattle free (and I am picky)
    Yep, I get that. Often have to rearrange after kids have been in!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had a similar sound and asked my local dealer to investigate. They fixed the problem and said it was the latch on the middle row seats that needed adjusting. They also regreased all the seat latches. Problem was solved for a few months although has recently come back again so needs a visit again.

0 0 0

5. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Q7 went in to Audi for a service and they reckoned there was a bulletin to do with the roof lining and it was going to be a 2 day job to strip it down and fix it! Anyway, it went in for 2 days but I managed to record the rattle and sent them a video, then their technician did indeed agree that it was coming from lower down and was nothing to do with the roof lining, so they took one of the rear middle row seats out and found some part of other was a bit loose, I don't know what they did specifically but they fixed it. They gave me a courtesy car for 2 days (Q5) and the warranty invoice for this and the labour totalled nearly £200 quid, which fortunately I didn't have to pay.

Weirdly I had got so used to the rattle that I miss it now!

0 0 0

6. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Hopefully you still have a recording which you can play in your car always when you miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    Q7 went in to Audi for a service and they reckoned there was a bulletin to do with the roof lining and it was going to be a 2 day job to strip it down and fix it! Anyway, it went in for 2 days but I managed to record the rattle and sent them a video, then their technician did indeed agree that it was coming from lower down and was nothing to do with the roof lining, so they took one of the rear middle row seats out and found some part of other was a bit loose, I don't know what they did specifically but they fixed it. They gave me a courtesy car for 2 days (Q5) and the warranty invoice for this and the labour totalled nearly £200 quid, which fortunately I didn't have to pay.

Weirdly I had got so used to the rattle that I miss it now!

0 0 0

7. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    My rattle's back, going back in next Tuesday for investigation.

New video here, turn up the volume!...: More rattles from my Q7 - YouTube

0 0 0

8. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    That is some rattling! Would drive me crazy! At least they fixed it before, should be no problem fixing it this time as well. Good luck!

0 0 0

9. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Dealer couldn't find it, it wasn't rattling when I took it in, then when I got it back it did it the next day, I reckon it's come from the seat, check out this video, it's going back in again in a few weeks...

Q7 rattle investigation - it's deffo coming from the seat - YouTube

0 0 0

10. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have lots of interesting noises.
    My favourite I think comes from below the front seats. I think the design is that things like say sweet can get into the air vent below the seat and it’s not obvious how it can get out. At least I think it’s a sweet if not it’s some lose screw.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast