1. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I'm almost at my wits end with this. It started rattling again on the school run a few weeks ago, it seemed to coincide with some cooler mornings we were experiencing and was doing it consistently on the school run for about a week, it was driving me and the kids mad. In the end I called the dealer up and got an appointment, unfortunately I couldn't just drive straight there and get them to look at it, this is always the problem. So they gave me an appointment in 2 weeks time (actually it was last week). Of course the damn rattle went away, so I called the dealer and cancelled the appointment. Honestly it's like trying to book a doctors appointment.

I am getting closer and closer to the point where I can do a VT, only 2 or 3 months to go now, so I honestly can't be bothered any more, so it'll be someone else's problem once I've got shot of it. It's really spoilt my enjoyment of the car, and I'm really disappointed on a car costing so much (70 bloody grand!!!) that it suffers from issues such as these.

0 0 0

2. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Miller View Post
    I have lots of interesting noises.
    My favourite I think comes from below the front seats. I think the design is that things like say sweet can get into the air vent below the seat and it’s not obvious how it can get out. At least I think it’s a sweet if not it’s some lose screw.
    Think I have a hot wheels car in the feet air vents under drivers seat. Highly annoying I can hear it driving in the vent when I go round corners ha ha

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    Q7 went in to Audi for a service and they reckoned there was a bulletin to do with the roof lining and it was going to be a 2 day job to strip it down and fix it! Anyway, it went in for 2 days but I managed to record the rattle and sent them a video, then their technician did indeed agree that it was coming from lower down and was nothing to do with the roof lining, so they took one of the rear middle row seats out and found some part of other was a bit loose, I don't know what they did specifically but they fixed it. They gave me a courtesy car for 2 days (Q5) and the warranty invoice for this and the labour totalled nearly £200 quid, which fortunately I didn't have to pay.

Weirdly I had got so used to the rattle that I miss it now!
    I have a rattle in the head lining above drivers seat next to pano roof. Let's hope it's not this issue.

It's already in for the intermittent miss fire that cannot be fixed requiring a software update.

0 0 0

4. Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Dealer couldn't find it, it wasn't rattling when I took it in, then when I got it back it did it the next day, I reckon it's come from the seat, check out this video, it's going back in again in a few weeks...

Q7 rattle investigation - it's deffo coming from the seat - YouTube
    Mine has been tracked down to a piece of trim on the seat. It's on back order and will get replaced (under warranty) in a few weeks. I'll try to get more details on what exact bit of trim it is.

The interesting thing is that it's the same seat in my car as in yours, UK car and directly behind the driver. My noise was more metallic though. I just want it fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 1 0

5. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizza View Post
    I have a rattle in the head lining above drivers seat next to pano roof. Let's hope it's not this issue.

It's already in for the intermittent miss fire that cannot be fixed requiring a software update.

Yep so they've got to take the head lining out to fix the rattle.

Not something I'd fancy doing....

0 0 0

6. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braehead View Post
    The interesting thing is that it's the same seat in my car as in yours, UK car and directly behind the driver. My noise was more metallic though. I just want it fixed!
    Sounds like it could be the same, it's very metallic sounding rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat sound.

But it hasn't done it for a few weeks now. Interested to hear how you get on.

0 0 0

7. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizza View Post
    Yep so they've got to take the head lining out to fix the rattle.

Not something I'd fancy doing....

This is well know issue and well documented.. Should be covered under warranty. They drop the front of the headliner a little and stuff the areas with fabric tape etc..
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Sounds like it could be the same, it's very metallic sounding rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat sound.

But it hasn't done it for a few weeks now. Interested to hear how you get on.
    Hope you guys get this sorted.. I can't think what piece of plastic / metal it is!
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

9. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    This is well know issue and well documented.. Should be covered under warranty. They drop the front of the headliner a little and stuff the areas with fabric tape etc..
    It's described as strategically placed sound deadening tape sounds a right bodge. Wonder why they can't actually fix the rattle mine definitely sounded like something metallic loose in the sunroof frame.

0 0 0

10. Re: Annoying metallic rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Paint peel? Misfire? Good grief! Almost sounds like you have a Friday afternoon car. :-(

0 1 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast