Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help!! I have a 63 plate A6 Black Edition saloon, 35K miles, bought it approved used from Audi in 2016. Last year in May/June, I noticed a funky smell so had it valeted, which brought to my attention the nearside rear passenger footwell was soaking wet and the funky smell was damp. It first happened after a long period of motorway driving in really heavy rain. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the rubber doorseal on the rear nearside passenger door as it was poor condition which seemed to do the trick.

Since then there hasn't been a problem, until a few weeks ago when again, motorway driving in heavy rain (approx 3 hours continuous rain), next day the floor was soaking in the same spot, nearside rear footwell. I've been doing some digging and the car has had some work done on either side prior to my ownership (the valeter I use pointed out the huge differences in paint thickness along both sides of the car, where it's a huge amount thicker around the back wheel arches, suggesting repair work/resprays). It's back to Audi again and they've had the car for coming up to 3 weeks to carry out the work they should have done in the first place. I'm concerned there is a problem underneath the car or some structural damage elsewhere but wondered if anyone had any similar experience and it was something other than a structural issue. Audi have just emailed me with an update - they've stripped all the carpets to dry it out (something someone from another branch told me should have been done the first time round) and done a water test today, but can't see where the water's getting in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

0 0 0

2. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Sunroof?

0 0 0

3. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Nope, sorry I'm a newbie on this. No sunroof and having felt around the whole of footwell it doesn't appear obvious as to where the water is getting in, i.e. there is no dripping or other area of wet carpet. I have noticed the sills can be quite wet after it's been raining heavily though...

0 0 0

4. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I believe the rear wash jet runs through that side towards the tailgate, try putting a higher concentrate of screen wash in (making water a colour) then after a few days swab the area with kitchen roll and check for the coloured liquid, if you check my threads I e also had water ingress in the boot on my 2014 A6 all be it for a different reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_NorthEast View Post
    I believe the rear wash jet runs through that side towards the tailgate, try putting a higher concentrate of screen wash in (making water a colour) then after a few days swab the area with kitchen roll and check for the coloured liquid, if you check my threads I e also had water ingress in the boot on my 2014 A6 all be it for a different reason.

Thanks - mine's a saloon so not a rear jet issue. I wondered if it might have something to do with tubing that runs underneath there. The only obvious thing would be something that connects to the rear blowers at the back of the centre armrest console but don't know if the a/c connects along the floor of through the arm rest.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    spent some hours on this last night - a lot of hours!! - after the dealer emailed me and asked if I could give them any more info, despite having been out with the master tec when I took the car in and walked him through everything. Apparently they've stripped the carpet and foam out to dry and done a water test (though not sure what this entails) and can't find the source of the ingress. Anyway, found the following thread:

Water leaking through front door trims

this more or less alludes to the same issue though seems to be predominantly for the front footwells. Wondering if it's the same thing for the rear as well?

0 0 0

7. Re: 2013 A6 Black Edition - Water Getting In...Somehow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Don’t be fooled thinking they have some super gizmo to complete a water test, they did the same on mine and the weapon of choice..... HOSEPIPE 🤦*♂️

0 0 0