Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi to All,
    2010 Audi a4b8 Quattro, what is the correct brake bleed sequence and how much dot 4 is required ( 500 or 1000ml ), bleed is long over due and will be bleed via a vacuum not pedal pumping.
    I keep finding contradictory information, the car is in Australia.
    thank you in advance.
    Regards
    john

0 0 0

2. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, not what I expected, 100 views and not a hit. Reminds me of a BMW forum where most members send their bikes back to the healer.
    Come on lads, there can be a lot of satisfaction diy, increase your knowledge base and save a few bucks, let alone giving first hand advice to nobs like me.
    For what it is worth the brake fluid container is drivers side of centre in the engine bay. I will go rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver side.
    Should this be wrong some kind soul may correct me.
    Regards
    John

0 0 0

3. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvw View Post
    Wow, not what I expected, 100 views and not a hit. Reminds me of a BMW forum where most members send their bikes back to the healer.
    Come on lads, there can be a lot of satisfaction diy, increase your knowledge base and save a few bucks, let alone giving first hand advice to nobs like me.
    For what it is worth the brake fluid container is drivers side of centre in the engine bay. I will go rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver side.
    Should this be wrong some kind soul may correct me.
    Regards
    John
    Shouldn't really matter as long as when you bleed each brake line new clean fluid comes through on each valve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Not that I know or have done but I have read the sequence you outlined as being right, along with using vagcom to activate abs which helps the crap in the abs side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

5. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Can't say for sure for your car, but mine, according to both the Haynes and Bentley manuals is:

Clutch (unless automatic gearbox), RH rear, LH rear, RH front, LH front.

For a complete fluid change, almost empty the old fluid from the reservoir via the first bleed screw, top it up to the MAX level, and keep topping up as the level falls.

Bleed approximately 100 cc from the clutch slave cylinder, 300 cc from each rear caliper, and 200 cc from each front caliper.

Total new fluid is approximately 1.5 litres.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

6. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Each brake caliper with two bleeder screws. To achieve optimum brake system bleeding, bleed the respective brake caliper at both
    bleeder screws. Always bleed the outer screw first, then the inner one

Left front brake caliper
    Right front brake caliper
    Left rear brake caliper
    Right rear brake caliper

Bleed until brake fluid comes out with no bubbles and foam

eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

7. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi to All,
    Thank you for the replies. Well I am a little more confused now. I was led to believe bleed from the furthest point first, which I intended to do.
    The last time I checked Haynes did not have a workshop manual, but worth another look.
    Wow, 1 1/2 litres, I just purchased a second 500 ml, just in case.
    Arman123, oddly does not sound right, BUT some time ago I purchased an ebahn ( from memory ) workshop disc which covered up to 2009.
    Your post was exactly what it indicated. I could not understand what they meant by "both bleeder screws", surely not cracking the the fluid supply line.
    Still searching.
    Many thanks
    regsrds
    john

0 0 0

8. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I think the reference to two bleed screws is when you are dealing with fancy four piston calipers that have pistons and bleed nipples each side of the disc. ie, not sliding single piston type.

0 0 0

9. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I change the brake fluid in 3 vehicles every two years (or try to), and buy brake fluid several one litre bottles at a time, shopping around for the best value, which is much cheaper than buying smaller amounts from local shops
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

10. Re: Correct brake bleed sequence 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    In reality it doesn't matter - but you're supposed to bleed furthest away from the reservoir first and work your way forward. That way you don’t introduce old fluid into the freshly bled lines.
    I used 1.5ltr bleeding my old B8 - but that was overkill. 250ml each line should do it.
    Audi A6 C7 Avant - quattro, black edition sline - 3.0 BiTDi
    Audi A3 8PA - quattro, black edition sline - 2.0T

Audi A4 B8 Avant SLine - 3.2 V6 Quattro - now sold

Audi A3 8P - 2.0T Quattro - sold
    Audi A4 B7 Avant - 2.0T - heap of junk, now gone!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast