Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and would really welcome your input.

I've got a 2014 VW Passat estate 1.6 TDI which has now broken down twice in a matter of a week. The car has done just 40,000 miles and has been serviced regularly. On both occasions the car has suddenly lost all power when driving along and then won't restart (thank God that I didn't have the kids in the car!).

The fault codes identified with the latest breakdown are as follows:
P060600 - defect control unit - permanent
P214600 - fuel injector group A supply voltage circuit/open - permanent.

The car was in the garage after the first breakdown and I was told the fault codes were again related to the injectors and the control unit.

The garage sent the injectors away to be tested and the report came back that all was fine. They then preceded to re-wire the injectors back to the control unit. This got the car to start again so they thought all was then OK. The car then broke down again within just 5 miles of collecting it (with the codes mentioned above).

I would be most grateful for any input and thoughts as to what might be the problem here. The car is still relatively new so i'd be really surprised if either the injectors or the control unit had failed after just 3 and half years and 40k miles.

Many thanks in advance.