2. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you have any updates, please post! I just placed my order last week with a Kate Nov delivery. Dealer claims no changes at this time!

0 0 0

3. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The complexity and change for the 2019MY appears to be nothing equipment related but compliance with the new WLTP economy test - I think that cars sold from September need to have been through the test and certain models, like the 190SCR and 1.5TFSi, are struggling to get decent results - the 1.4 is being phase out at this time. The main issue is there are limited labs authorised to approve so there is a backlog of cars requiring tests (unlike other emissions standards it is retrospective) - a result of this is that manufacturers are focusing on certain models until the remainder can be tested in the future. More here on the test;

Fuel economy test changes: what you need to know about WLTP | Parkers
    2015 Passat B8 2.0TDi 150 GT Estate in Deep Black
    2005 A2 1.4TDi 75 SE in Silver

0 0 0

4. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2912 View Post
    I (rather hopefully) asked for delivery in September so it's on a '68 plate which I've been told is fine. I expected to be told no because (as I understand it) cars which have not been tested under the new regulations cannot be registered after August?! Not complaining but I half expect to have it delivered on an 18 plate on the last day of August when they realise...
    Well I predicted it... I was informed yesterday that I'll have to take my new 1.4 [150] Passat on an '18 plate. Its a lease car and I got an excellent deal so I'm not too bothered but obviously 5 minutes on Google gave me a better education than the people I asked in both the VW dealer and VW customer services.

Now taking delivery a week on Monday. Since our family recently expanded it'll be great to be in a bigger car again!

0 0 0

5. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a car on order and asked the same question to my dealership, they have finally shared some details;
    * Car-Net Security and Service will now come standard on GT and the R-Line models
    * Seat presence detection for all seats with seat belt reminders, required for NCAP
    * A shortcut button on the steering wheel for driver assistance systems
    * New design of luggage cover handle for the estate.

I think there are engine changes as well, such as the 1.4 petrol engine to 1.5, but nothing that affects me so I have no details on them.

0 0 0

6. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Can’t wait to see what the redesigned grab handle for the load cover looks like - scraping the bottom of the barrel?!

Wonder if there will be many 18-plate 2.0BiTDi 4Motion models in 3 years time as that’s what I’ll be looking for to tow a heavier caravan
    2015 Passat B8 2.0TDi 150 GT Estate in Deep Black
    2005 A2 1.4TDi 75 SE in Silver

0 0 0

7. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like I am getting a 1.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDut View Post
    Looks like I am getting a 1.5

May I know when you placed your order? I ordered mine in early July, and the chat says unconfirmed build week is in December....

0 0 0

9. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

I didn’t even know myself so had to look. It was the end of May!

0 0 0

10. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well that was a quick build!