Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Good news!

I think the tracker during the whole build process couldn't cope with the fiasco that is WLTP. Mine was stating Build Week Confirmed (Stage 3) for over a month even though I knew it had completed build, as was told on the VW Live Chat. My car was sitting in their 'banking' area where they have been keeping all models until they got round to testing WLTP and yesterday it suddenly moved to Stage 5. Yesterday I received a text telling me it was at Stage 5a, and I confirmed that it is heading to the UK and not another waiting area, and this morning another text telling me at Stage 5b, Shipping.

Even though it is heading to the UK, I have been told that although WLTP has been tested, they have not yet got the Certificates of Conformity from the DVLA so will not be able to release/register the vehicle to sell to me. The planned release of the Certificate is towards the end of October. This is for a 2.0 TDI, so other models may be different.
    VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi 150 SE Business

0 0 0

2. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yea mine has just changed today from in build to in transit.

Dealership seems to think end of October it will be ready. Crossing fingers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You guys are lucky! A check with live chat states I'm still looking at a Dec build week!

0 0 0

4. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Having later build date, although annoying does mean that the car should hopefully sail through production and shipping, and you won't have any of the hold-ups that we are experiencing. Another plus point is that when it finally arrives at the Dealer they will be able to register it and you'll be able to insure it!! There are quite a few reports of people getting new VAG cars that have undergone an engine change, and they have not been able to get any insurance quotes as the companies do not recognise the model with the new engines, I know people getting Seat Ateca's that are in this position.
    VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi 150 SE Business

0 0 0

5. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Oh great I look forward to having that issue then 🤨

Didn’t even give that a thought!

0 0 0

6. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any update on when to expect the facelift?

0 0 0

7. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    New pricelist has been released on the Volkswagen website, dated 11-10-2018 for the Passat Estate. WLTP approval for the 2.0 litre engines is now confirmed, still TBA for the petrol engines.

@rcaero, regarding the facelift, rumour is around July timeframe, although I would have thought they would be in a hurry to release, as the hybrid versions are only coming back with the facelift, and that's a long time without a hybrid offering!

0 0 0

8. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    These pics were posted yesterday. Apparently it’s the new Passat bound for China.

0 0 0

9. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me but I prefer the current shape. That front end looks very Cadillac-ey!

0 0 0

10. Re: MY2019 Changes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think this is purely for the Chinese market. Maybe the front and rear end will be the same/similar but that’s def a long wheel base.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast