1. Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there! New to the forum and wondering if anyone could shed some light if possible. Apologies if it's been previously posted but I tried using the search function to my current problem but couldn't find what I'm after.

To start, it's a 2004 Audi a6 2.5tdi Quattro Automatic, 102K miles. I bought the car not knowing it had the underlying problem, but it was cheap for a reason I suppose (£1600). Randomly the gearbox goes into limp mode (PRNDS all illuminate) and the car stays in 4th gear (live data tells me that). Turning the car off and on it then drives as normal again, but it could be 5 minutes, or an hour or so before it happens again.

The codes that come up are:
    P0763 - Shift solenoid C: Electrical
    P1830 - Press.ctrl valve 4: Short circuit to B(+)

The second code doesn't always come up, but shift solenoid will flag as soon as it goes into limp mode. Clearing the code doesn't do anything unless I turn the car off and on again.

The first thing I done of course was I changed the gearbox oil and filter, it looked like it had never been done before, but there was no chunks of metal round the magnets (thankfully). Took it a drive and it drove perfect ... for about 20 minutes I phoned TPS and they sell the individual solenoids from about £50+ vat, but when I asked for Solenoid C, they said theirs are colour coded (3 are green for example). They emailed me this diagram - but I need to know which solenoids are which. Can you help?

Thanks in advance!

image001.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I would have the valve body refurbished, and they'll check all the solenoids

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

3. Re: Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I can check when I'm back home if there is any information in the service manual

You can find some info about the P1830 in the VCDS website: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...8/P1830/006192

0 0 0

4. Re: Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I just rebuilt mine and found loads of information on the Web. If you Google 5hp19v as this is the type of box made by zf. They fitted it into bmws and a load of other cars so make sure you get the right manual. Although from memory there are only 2 types of solenoid. 3 of each. You can Swap one with another in the box and see if the fault code moves with it. If you get stuck pm me and I can send across the info I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I have just got myself a Q5 and I have a jerk when the automatic gearbox changes from 2nd to 1st. Ive asked about and someone mentioned valve body refurb. I could work out how to create a new post so I came on here as its the closest I could find.
    Would like to know where I could get it sorted.
    Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Automatic gearbox solenoid(s) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to do a wee update ... ended up buying 3 green shift solenoids from TPS (47+ vat each) - drove absolutly perfect for about 100 miles, then went into limp mode. So was back to the drawing board. Was going to send the gearbox ecu away to get refurbished if there was any problems with it and found it sitting in a puddle of water! There was water in contact with the pins, and no permanent damage thankfully. The gearbox ecu is loacted under the drivers footwell. Few holes drilled, took the drivers seat out, lifted the carpet a bit and left a dehumidifier on over night in the car - jobs a good’un.

0 0 0