Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2010 A3 1.6 SE Technik BSE Engine P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!

1. Exclamation 2010 A3 1.6 SE Technik BSE Engine P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all, I have here my partners 2010 A3 Sportback 1.6 petrol. Recently i was getting p0304 code on this car and was told cylinder 4 piston rings were cracked. So.. I got a replacement engine with very nearly identical miles on it (75k) and fitted it then all seemed well...... Drives round the town it was fine. No problems really apart from a slight lack in power so I fitted new NGK plugs and leads and a new coil pack for peace of mind, Another test drive and still felt a bit down in power but it ran smooth, I then put the lack of power down to a slight blow in the exhaust. I think its the flexi bit that failed. Then few days passed we drove a long trip (1 hour each way) Once we were 10 mins from our destination i noticed it gradually starting to shake till eventually it was running again on just 3... at this point it gave an ESP fault and a check engine light with P0304 code. (May be worth noting I'm currently just using a cheap Elm 327 bluetooth adapter and torque lite app). A few hours later we returned to the car and when started it seemed 100% fine again so headed home.... Then the same thing started happening towards the end of the trip it started to run on only 3 cylinders and shake bad on idle. So I fitted the injectors that come with the replacement engine and again for a while all seemed good.... but today after another attempt at a long drive it done the same thing.... Had to get AA out for fear engine would die again if i drove any further.... Here is their report.....

How we assisted
    We have recovered your vehicle.Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 14P / Simos 7.1 Status :P1503 - Generator terminal DF (load signal). Error Message : Signal improbable. Error sporadic. Status :P0327 - Knock sensor 1. Error Message : Signal too low. Error static. Status :P0304 - Combustion failure cylinder 4 detected. Error Message : Short to B+. Error static. Status :P1212 - Cylinder deactivation (Bank 1). Error Message : Short to B+. Error sporadic.
    Diagnostic testing may be limited in a breakdown type situation. Please ensure symptoms/suggested faults are confirmed by your chosen repairer before any suggested work is started.

Can anyone suggest what else may cause this problem as im out of ideas.... Only things still the same is some sensors on top of the inlet manifold and exhaust with O2 sensors......

0 0 0

2. Re: 2010 A3 1.6 SE Technik BSE Engine P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is it possible the CAT could cause these symptoms..?

0 0 0