1. Hi -from sunny South Shields 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi , i have a '52 plate MK4 Golf GTTDI 150 - had it for about 7 years now , i've had a few problems , it's been off the road for the last year + a half , fingers crossed i can get a few tips on here

As a returning member of the forum i thought i'd update state of play with my Mk4 oil-burner . The fault i had that put my Golf off the road for several years turned out to be a knackered injector loom ( isn't really surprising given the mileage on the car AND the heat it endures under the rocker cover ) anyway , a new OEM loom fitted and she's back to life ! I'm now prepping her to go for MOT -
    -refurbished/painted front and rear brake calipers
    -replaced brake hoses with Wezmoto braided lines
    -new springs front and rear
    - cleaned and painted front struts
    -refurbished /powder coated 18" alloys in anthracite blue

MODS i'm considering

-Pipercross cold air feed filter or similar
    -EGR delete kit + EGR cooler bypass
    -silicone vaccuum lines
    -silicone coolant hose kit
    -Powerflex poli bushed front and rear

the list goes on ......
    i'll update this thread as and when the mods are complete
    It's good to be back and to have my beloved Mk4 to work on , especially seeing as we're in lockdown and I have the time to work on her . Happy days
    Last edited by northernsean; 10-05-2020 at 06:09 AM.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Hi from sunny South africa
    By hsnsolutions in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-10-2014, 11:42 AM
  2. Hi from South Shields
    By David Gaunt in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 07:48 AM
  3. Hello from sunny South Africa....
    By newbug911 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-03-2010, 08:45 PM
  4. Question Recommend a garage in the South/South West area
    By the surfer in forum Reviews & Recommendations of Dealers & Independant Garages
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 09:07 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-03-2009, 12:21 PM