1. Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Just sold my Honda Accord and I’m torn on which Audi to get.

2013 2.0 tdi a6 se c7
    2010 3.0 tdi a6 Le Mans c6
    2009 3.0 tdi a4 s-line

All with 100k on the clock and similar prices

I’ve test driven the c7 and the 2.0 was plenty fast enough, but I felt the cabin seemed a bit squashed. Anyone else think this?

Probably biased asking in here but which would you guys go for?
    A6 3.0 TDI Le Mans

0 0 0

2. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I recently changed from 2011 A4 to 2015 A6. So if A6 felt squashed then A is not for you either. It is smaller.
    I am very happy with my A6, I was happy with A4 too but you definitely can feel the difference. A6 is bigger, more comfortable, better equipped.
    So if you take the engine out of consideration, then I would say buy A6 C7.

0 0 0

3. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks, my main concern is the higher mileage on a 2.0 over a 3.0 tdi

Also the c7 is the only one without an auto box

0 0 0

4. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Or I could get the c7 in a 3.0 tdi but with 155k on the clock.

Decisions decisions

0 0 0

5. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    In my opinion I would say the high mileage cars have all been motorway miles munchers so probably rarely get ragged.
    The 2.0 will be needing regular timing belt changes around 50-60k and at 100k+ should have had at least one so potentially budget for a timing belt, water pump change. Also dual mass flywheel and clutch were more of a problem on manuals than autos.
    3.0 as far as I know has a timing chain and supposedly good for life. Autos depend on the box can have issues if not serviced properly.
    If looked after they are all pretty bullet proof. Seen c6 and c7 hit 200k+.
    I would budget for a full service replacing all fluids filters inc gearbox oils but that’s just me.
    Other things to look out for is brakes and suspension components as these are not cheap to fix.

0 0 0

6. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriseybaby View Post
    but I felt the cabin seemed a bit squashed. Anyone else think this?
    I am also surprised by this, I am 6'4" and compared to most cars it seems great. One think make sure you lower the seat as there is quite a lot of up\down movement available and if it is too high might be why you are finding it. The handle "pumps" up and down to lower if they are not electric.

I have had both C6 and C7 and didn't really notice much difference between them from a size point of view. The A4 will be a bit more squashed though from memory.

Having gone to an auto box, not going back to manual any time soon either.

What engine is the 3.0TDI with 155k, is it quattro ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    maybe I was just having an off day when I drove when, I’m only 5ft 9 so plenty of room.

It’s a 3.0 with quattro and s tronic box. Company owned and maintained by Audi.

155k in 6 years should mean plenty of motorway miles but he has had 2 injectors replaces in the last 18 months so there’s a good chance there are 4 more to go soon.

I only do 7000 miles a years so the first thing would be to get the dpf mapped out

0 0 0

8. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I have had 3 A6s so far one 2.0 manual C6, one 2.0 Multitronic C7 and one 3.0 BiTdi C7.

Going from 2.0 to 3.0 was like night and day for me. Also the Quattro makes it so much more sure footed no more scrabbling

I do a similar mileage to you each year had the DPF light on a couple of times but gone for a run to clear it.

Don't know enough about the higher milers as my cars tend to be lower.

0 0 0

9. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Under the new MOT regs I would avoid tampering with the DPF. Also, with the mileage you are doing, I would look for a petrol car.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 1 0

10. Re: Which to choose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Under the new MOT regs I would avoid tampering with the DPF. Also, with the mileage you are doing, I would look for a petrol car.
    Instant fail now if it appears the dpf or any emission control equipment has been tampered with, includes egr etc. Also from the vin number of the car the mot tester can figure out what the emmisions are and if it falls outside that then it’s a fail.
    With the whole dieselgate nonsense going on there will probably be massive fines/penalties if you are caught doing this.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast