Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Bit of a problem I hope someone can help me with? My passenger side window regulator gave way a couple of weeks ago, dropping the window with a loud thud (I honestly don't know how it didn't smash!). Took a look, saw it was the clips, ordered new ones, went about fitting them today, all good. Then I noticed one clip was lower than the other. Took the whole unit out and found that the wire had come off of one of the spools. Tried my damnedest to get the wire back over by stretching, but I'm just not strong enough. Ended up taking the motor apart and, just as I was removing the cover, the blasted spool the wires attach to just pinged out! So I have no idea how the wire was wound. I've tried looking at YouTube videos, but I'm not really getting results for 6n models, just newer.

I'd like to fix if possible rather than replacing the whole unit, so does anyone know how to re-fit the motor spool? How many times do I need to wrap the wire around it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ex.

0 0 0

2. Re: Help with 6n Polo Window Regulator/Motor Please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have been where you are but it is impossible to put into words the way to do this apart from there being a lot of expletives.... it is a terrible task and why we would only fit full units as the 6N system changed thrice during production but all genuine parts have been dropped so it is a major problem.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

3. Re: Help with 6n Polo Window Regulator/Motor Please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Crasher.

Yeah, there were a few choice words from me, that's for sure! So, are you saying it's just better to get a whole new unit then? There's no point in my spending another half day trying to re-spool the wire if it's going to be a nightmare. I was just trying to save a few quid!

Cheers,

0 0 0

4. Re: Help with 6n Polo Window Regulator/Motor Please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Even after 35 years working on VW’s I still make mistakes but I try to avoid the repair of sub assembly’s in an attempt to save money as when you factor in my labour at £66 an hour you can’t usually make it work. If you PM me your cars reg, on Tuesday I can work out which unit you need and if anyone lists it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

5. Re: Help with 6n Polo Window Regulator/Motor Please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher, I'll shoot you a PM now.

0 0 0