1. vw touran 1.9 tdi 2003 my STEERING RACK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all new on here hope you can help i have got a vw touran 1.9 tdi 2003 my STEERING RACK is playing up the code on it is 1k2423051m but cant fine one that ends with m ,have found loads with other letters,im not looking at new can any let me know if the other ones will fit thanks wayne

0 0 0

2. Re: vw touran 1.9 tdi 2003 my STEERING RACK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think 1K2 423 051 M is the earliest PQ45 ZF EPAS rack and is a generation 1 unit

1K2 423 051 AD

1K2 423 055

This is for PRODUCTION (not registration) up until 31/01/2004

1K2 423 055 A, from this rack onwards it is generation 2 and a new assembly carrier/consul 1K0 199 313 G and wiring set 1K2 971 111 D are required

1K2 423 055 E

1K2 423 055 F

1K2 423 055 J, from this point the rack is generation 3 and the wiring set changes to 1K2 971 111 AJ

1K2 423 055 K

If you were to buy a genuine rack you would be given 1K2 423 055 KX and you would need the wiring set 1K2 971 111 AJ and consul 1K0 199 313 AL

The above is by no means definitive and is four the 1T Touran only. There are many more PQ45 EPAS racks but you may not be able to get these to code in to the CAN BUS system. Remember ANY new rack on a PQ45 platform with EPAS will need coding and setting up which can be a real pain.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: vw touran 1.9 tdi 2003 my STEERING RACK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi thanks for that do you know what the letters mean as there are loads off racks with 1K2 423 051 on most are off golf mk5 so dont know if any good but cant find any with m like mine

0 0 0

4. Re: vw touran 1.9 tdi 2003 my STEERING RACK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The letters mean nothing of use to you, they can change simply for no good reason, because of a minor production change or it can mean they are completely different so even if I knew that information would be of no use, you have to use a compatible number or change other parts to allow a later unit to be fitted. The other 1K2 423 051 racks are for other PQ35 platforms and the software in them may not allow coding to a type 1T CAN BUS and the systems will not allow coding, the rack may have a 1K (Golf 5) initial number but that does not account for its use, some racks can be used in both, other not, as far as I can work out you need an 051 AD or an 055 but it is not the way I would do it, I would use a Bosch (nee ZF) exchange rack, part number K S01 000 747
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0