Hi all,

I have a 2012 Passat Highline diesel estate and today noticed a large cloud of white smoke in my rear view. This was just after turning a corner, going up a slight incline, probably in 3rd gear. I've noticed it happen a couple of times before in the past say around six months, both times when going up hills.

I've read that white smoke can mean an issue with the head gasket and relates to the coolant leaking, but I've checked the coolant level and it doesn't appear to be going down. I've also checked the oil which appears to be fine. Fuel consumption is normal too.

Can anyone suggest what else this may be? It isn't a continuous white smoke, literally a burst and that's it. The previous couple of times was when it was colder, and not long after starting the car, and I assumed it may be from where it was cold, but today this happened at the end of a short journey.

It has roughly 150k on the clock, and no noticeable performance issues. No warning lamps or messages. It's been doing long 400 mile plus journeys say every other weekend with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this may be??

Thanks.