1. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Had the car back since Friday and all seems to be good (touch wood). Audi have said they will extend the factory warranty for a further year, at their cost, which I've accepted. Hopefully that's the end of the SQ7 woes!
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 2 0

2. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Had the car back since Friday and all seems to be good (touch wood). Audi have said they will extend the factory warranty for a further year, at their cost, which I've accepted. Hopefully that's the end of the SQ7 woes!
    Great news

0 0 0

3. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    The saga continues. Wife was driving along the motorway with our three-year-old son in the back when the dashboard lit up and the car went into serious limp mode - lost pretty much all power and struggled to get back into the slow lane to pull over. Lucky she didn't get rear-ended by all accounts. Anyway, she went straight to Audi, and apparently unleashed hell in front of the head of business and after sales manager, along with months and months of frustration. Bottom line is the DPF that was replaced a few weeks ago has completely failed, will not passively regenerate and will not allow a forced regeneration. The are back and forward to Audi technical trying to get a solution but the executive office are now involved with Audi UK and they have, without my prompting, started discussions about replacing the car. I guess more because they must have spent easily well into five figure trying to put things right and aren't willing to pump more and more cash into the car.

I haven't lost faith in Audi, I think we've just been very unlucky. I am pretty gutted, but I can't believe how good Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been about it all, I just hope whatever happens, happens as quickly and easily as it can, but I will be pushing all the way to not be out of pocket over this.

0 0 0

4. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    The saga continues. Wife was driving along the motorway with our three-year-old son in the back when the dashboard lit up and the car went into serious limp mode - lost pretty much all power and struggled to get back into the slow lane to pull over. Lucky she didn't get rear-ended by all accounts. Anyway, she went straight to Audi, and apparently unleashed hell in front of the head of business and after sales manager, along with months and months of frustration. Bottom line is the DPF that was replaced a few weeks ago has completely failed, will not passively regenerate and will not allow a forced regeneration. The are back and forward to Audi technical trying to get a solution but the executive office are now involved with Audi UK and they have, without my prompting, started discussions about replacing the car. I guess more because they must have spent easily well into five figure trying to put things right and aren't willing to pump more and more cash into the car.

I haven't lost faith in Audi, I think we've just been very unlucky. I am pretty gutted, but I can't believe how good Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been about it all, I just hope whatever happens, happens as quickly and easily as it can, but I will be pushing all the way to not be out of pocket over this.
    Jeez Gyro that can’t have been a good experience for her (unluckily I’ve suffered it also a couple of times).

Seems some cars have all the glitches - my recent one was parking button failure ending up with no ‘handbrake’

Great to see that they are looking in to replacing the car for you - hope al resolved smoothly and quickly

0 0 0

5. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    So an update, car has now been with Audi for six weeks, so about four months in total this year so far. They have flown a "boffin" in from Germany and have had another SQ7 brought to the garage and have been running all sorts of troubleshooting / diagnostics in parallel on both cars for comparison. Call from them last night to say they have traced the fault to one of the turbos (issue with boost), apparently it should be a relatively easy fix but I won't hold my breath on that one. As I have said before, both Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been unbelievably good all the way through, although I am a tad peeved as I did suggest it could be turbo-related at the start!

The service manager is keen to have a meeting to explain exactly what the issue was, how it was causing all the other issues, and what they have done to fix it. I reckon on parts and labour, the warranty costs must be well into five figures!

0 0 0

6. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    So an update, car has now been with Audi for six weeks, so about four months in total this year so far. They have flown a "boffin" in from Germany and have had another SQ7 brought to the garage and have been running all sorts of troubleshooting / diagnostics in parallel on both cars for comparison. Call from them last night to say they have traced the fault to one of the turbos (issue with boost), apparently it should be a relatively easy fix but I won't hold my breath on that one. As I have said before, both Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been unbelievably good all the way through, although I am a tad peeved as I did suggest it could be turbo-related at the start!

The service manager is keen to have a meeting to explain exactly what the issue was, how it was causing all the other issues, and what they have done to fix it. I reckon on parts and labour, the warranty costs must be well into five figures!

Keep us informed what service manager said
    I remember some turbo noise sound clip from you a while ago.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

7. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    So Audi delivered the car to the house yesterday, full tank of fuel and properly valeted (told them on no account were they to use a sponge on the bodywork!). All seems to be hunky-dory - plan to go in to see the service manager next week to get the lowdown.

Anyway, just over three hours after the car was delivered my wife managed to kerb one of the wheels 🤬.

0 0 0

8. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    OK, so had the car back about a month now and all is good, they seem to have properly gotten rid of all the gremlins now (touch wood), and everything is running great.

Audi UK have closed the case, but as I keep saying both them and Edinburgh Audi have been first class. Because of the issues experienced, I've had £3,000 in cash, a free warranty extension to cover the fourth year, and my next service is going to be free as well. Pretty chuffed with that and way more than I was expecting.

0 1 0

9. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Gyro,

Been keeping tabs on your thread since the start and I'm so glad to hear things "seem" to be done and dusted and sorted. Yes, that is a great result by all accounts, 3K on top of whatever Audi (and I'm sure Audi AG will be coughing up over this not Audi UK or the dealer) have had to pay for all of this it must be running well into 5 figures as you say.

Did you end up having your meeting with the Service Manager to get the details lo-down on what was done, outcomes etc? Be great to understand if your happy to share but most importantly you have your car back and all seems well

Great news

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

10. Re: DPF replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    OK, so had the car back about a month now and all is good, they seem to have properly gotten rid of all the gremlins now (touch wood), and everything is running great.

Audi UK have closed the case, but as I keep saying both them and Edinburgh Audi have been first class. Because of the issues experienced, I've had £3,000 in cash, a free warranty extension to cover the fourth year, and my next service is going to be free as well. Pretty chuffed with that and way more than I was expecting.
    Great result and even better news that the cars seems to be behaving

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12