1. Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Ironically when we had the two days of sunshine that we are allocated for this year I found out to my horror that my A/C wasn’t working. My Q7 is 6 months old and I thought that seeing this was the first time I would use the a/c maybe it hadn’t worked from new. It had hardly been the weather...

So at first I thought I would try the roadside assistance button. Gave them a call and mentioned that the AC wouldn’t stay lit (1st world problems) they said they could help and I would need to call the dealer.

So I gave my salesman a call and he managed to get the car in today with a courtesy car (thumbs up to Bristol Audi) anyway long story short and they identified that the Condenser has had stone damage and needs replacement...great! So going in on Monday for replacement.

Anyway whilst it is in I have asked them to check a couple of things.

The first is the parking brake. It doesn’t appear to engage when I switch the engine off. The car goes to into park but doesn’t engage the parking brake. I have auto hold and it did it in my Passat and A3 e-tron. Is this normal?

The other issue is the AMI. I have a iPod touch and whilst I seem to be able to navigate on the MMI it doesn’t actually do anything... it does play but not what I want... this is done through the cable connection.

Any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Actually the other thing I have noticed is that occasionally the alarm triggers when I open the back doors using the advanced key. Doesn’t happen all the time but happens on either back doors.

0 0 0

3. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I think I flick the handbrake up when I stop. I don’t think it automatically engages but does disengage when you drive off?

On the alarm, I do have it go off occasionally but can’t remember if it’s always the rear doors. This is pretty rare though, perhaps a few times a year?

Hope they do the aircon for free. Sounds like it could have been damaged on the ferry over
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    new owner here myself and i know exactly what you mean re the parking brake. In my previous Audi it came on itself as you mention ie when you turn the engine off. it has caught me out a few times as i was so used to not having to do it.

0 0 0

5. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I think you can initiate it by opening the door and undoing the seatbelt before turning the engine off. Probably easier just to put the handbrake on though
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

6. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I now have a routine where I now press the park button, then the brake then the stop start. I just wanted to reduce my effort by a third 🙂.

Is anyone haveing the same issue with their 📱. It’s a shame the iPod touch doesn’t come with CarPlay. I know people might ask why I don’t my iPhone but that is full of kids stuff 🙂

Other than that I love my Q7 😍

0 0 0

7. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I am experiencing seemingly random behavior on my handbrake The handbrake is sometimes engaged automatically when I stop the car and sometimes not. There is maybe a pattern there or something that trigger it but I haven't been able to decode it.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    2018 Q7 e-tron S-Line / Business / Tour / adaptive air suspension / towbar / Bose / Daytona metallic / Thule roof rack, roof box

0 0 0

8. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can try the manual one

0 0 0

9. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eiw View Post
    I am experiencing seemingly random behavior on my handbrake The handbrake is sometimes engaged automatically when I stop the car and sometimes not. There is maybe a pattern there or something that trigger it but I haven't been able to decode it.
    Are you referring to the Parking Brake or Hold Assist?
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

10. Re: Some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Are you referring to the Parking Brake or Hold Assist?
    Parking brake. Hold assist is working fine, either toggled on or off with the button. But the parking brake will sometimes engage when I stop the car and other times not.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    2018 Q7 e-tron S-Line / Business / Tour / adaptive air suspension / towbar / Bose / Daytona metallic / Thule roof rack, roof box

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast