Hi all,

Having done a search here and in other forums, I was hoping for some help.

I recently bought the Kufatec Bluetooth "Pro" unit from Amazon and fitted it to an A6 2007 2.0TDi. The car has MMI Basic Plus, which is the 6 Disc CD and then 1 disc CDROM (Satnav) in the glovebox - i.e. the Monochrome display.

The unit was plug and play, all went well and I got Bluetooth phone working no problems at all. The problem I do have is getting A2DP to work properly. Their guide suggests that it should working after entering a code (which I did to the letter), but I am getting intermittent availability of the A2DP feature; literally it will work one journey and not the next. When it does work, it assumes the role of CD6 and I cannot use the other 5 CDs - when it doesn't work, I can use all of the CDs.

The notes I was sent by the supplier stated I need to be at MMI software version 4220 - Kufatec say not so (I am amidst support conversations with Germany). I had ordered the CD updates from Kufatec UK recently (Richter Sport), but when they arrived I'd ordered the 3G - not 2G, which I need (am awaiting being able to return the MMI disc for the correct version).

So, my questions are:
1) has anyone bought/used a Kufatec unit with a 2G equipped car?
2) If so, what version of software are you running??

The most important hing was having "proper" BT hands free, but its a royal PITA having a feature that should work, but doesn't......

Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Paul