Due to the snow my A6 unfortunately died, so I now have an A4 B7 2.0Tdi sline 170.

As im new to these engines I need a bit of help working out what is normal and what isnt.

I had to buy in a bit of a hurry, but the car seems pretty sound, however there are a couple of things which im not so sure about.

In order of when they appear, i have the following things happening.

In the morning or at the end of a working day when I start the car it doesnt start immediately - it requires turning over a few times before it goes.
When it is going the idle "seems" a bit lumpy - although being used to the V6tdi i dont know if the 2.0 is just a bit like that - its idling around 780rpm.
It also seems that occasionally when you boot it from low revs it just stutters a bit - almost like its missing, but then when the revs pick up its fine.

I have had vcds on it, and there are no DTC's logged - ive looked at the injector readings and the all seem within the tolerance - all hovered around -0.5 to +0.5.
I have contacted Audi, and they say it has no outstanding recalls on it - so I must assume the injector recalls on this model have been done if needed.

Ive run injector cleaner through, and also re-oiled and cleaned the K&N panel filter it came with.

Its doing around 40mpg on a run and 34 around town?

Any ideas where to look to see what might be causing the above oddities?
I have vcds, but am not particularly experienced in using it other than resetting faults and now looking at the injector values!

The other small thing is that 2nd gear isnt directly down from first, is that normal? It seems a bit annoying because if I am changing from 1st to 2nd quickly i often get caught because I have to just slightly pull down and to the right to get second - again I dont know if that is normal and if not how I go about fixing it?

Any help or suggestions etc.. much appreciated :-)

Thanks.