1. HELP B6 07 Passat TDI Sport passenger door problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As per title. Passenger door wont open from outside. I have replaced locking mechanism and still no joy. Once opened from inside the door will open and shut all day. Its initially when opening from imobilizer that the door wont open. Anyone any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: HELP B6 07 Passat TDI Sport passenger door problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I'd suspect a problem with the key fob thingy, rather than the mechanism. When you say it works ok once opened from inside, presumably you mean with the key fob? Is its battery ok, have you got the second key fob? Have you tried holding the button down on the fob while opening the door from the inside? People on here have offered all sorts of fiddles with the key/door handle/override button on the driver's door and so on to get things right.

Mine stopped opening the driver's door (lhd). VW dealer couldn't do anything for me so I left it in a drawer as a spare and used the second fob. A while ago I suddenly remembered it was in the drawer and had a look to see if the battery had corroded. It hadn't but was flat so I changed it and tried it for luck on the car - it worked ok, driver's door opened! Don't ask me why.

Going back to the mechanism, here's a quote taken from here some years ago from someone with a similar problem:

"I noticed the rubber grommet just above the door latch assembly down the edge of the door so popped that out and squirted a liberal application of WD40 into the hole with the straw supplied on the oil can. I had visions of the window glass getting covered in oil (after I'd done it!) but luckily it didn't. There was a little oil dribble out the bottom of the outer door handle which I wipped off but the end result has been no more sticking of the door when opened from outside."

Worth a try?
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help Passat B5.5 Passenger Door Replacement
    By bora23 in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-12-2012, 04:23 PM
  2. Auto dimming of passenger door mirror B7 1.6TDI BM Sport Est
    By B7Rob in forum Passat - B7 Forum - 2011 - 2015
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-01-2012, 08:07 PM