1. Vibration problem TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hi folks I'd love to hear your views on my very annoying problem detailed below

• Heavy Loud Vibration through gear stick and centre console in all gears including neutral (although not as apparent), starts at 2100rpm finishes at 2800rpm, worse point is at 2500rpm.
    • Car jerks taking off from static in 1st gear, but has no issues when rolling and engaging 1st gear.
    • Often hear a metal on metal screech when turning the wheels while parking.
    • This happened a week after MOT.

Car specs
    • PD100 engine Avant 2002 150k
    • PD150 injectors coded
    • PD130 Turbo coded
    • Rymec Solid flywheel, Kevlar clutch plate 6 months old (new gearbox mount installed)
    • Remapped 180bhp, egr off (problem does still exist when set back to standard)
    • Poly snub mount (didn't help fix the issue)
    • injector cleaner with every diesel fill.

I'm pretty handy and willing to get stuck in to find the source of this if you have any suggestions I'm ready to go.

0 0 0

2. Re: Vibration problem TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My friend experience same problem in his car(A4B6130)
    Bought the car with singlemass flywheel. Replaced with dualmass now and half of the noise/vibrations is gone... now he is looking at engine mount to b replaced as well...
    in your case I think problem is in clutch/flywheel.
    Just try standard setup. clutch should hold that 180bhp without any problems....
    2001 allroad 2.5 AKE manual -gone
    2007 A6 Estate 2.0 BRE manual

0 0 0

3. Re: Vibration problem TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks buddy the clutch and flywheel are barely worn in, I spent a lot on them and the problem seemed to arise over night so I am reluctant to believe it would be that. I will remove and test the gearbox mount when the weather is better, turbo side engine mount is tricky to get at with the turbo installed.

0 0 0

4. Re: Vibration problem TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    After some reading and searching online i have found another TDI driver who had similar issues and fixed them with injector seal replacement, i will be trying this and will return with results.

0 0 0

5. Re: Vibration problem TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    FIXED!

so to close this out and help anyone else with the same issue... The gearbox was loose... I know ... Bell housing bolts were tightened and that sorted it.

0 0 0