1. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    On my BiTdi I never noticed any regen at all, except when the car was brand new! Perhaps due to me mainly driving long distance.

On the S6, which as far as I know, does not do a regen at all, the fan almost always comes on after a drive. No difference if driven nice or hard...
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    On my BiTdi I never noticed any regen at all, except when the car was brand new! Perhaps due to me mainly driving long distance.

On the S6, which as far as I know, does not do a regen at all, the fan almost always comes on after a drive. No difference if driven nice or hard...
    Err there is no DPF in petrol engines (the clue is in the name )... Your big V8 just tries to cool itself down so the oil does not cook in the wrong parts...

Sent from my mobile...

0 0 0

3. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny31 View Post
    Err there is no DPF in petrol engines (the clue is in the name )... Your big V8 just tries to cool itself down so the oil does not cook in the wrong parts...

Sent from my mobile...
    I knew that...hehe, but with todays engine tech going forward at high speed, one never knows

Re the V8...now that does make perfect sence!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

4. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Fans coming on in the s6 probably to cool the turbos to stop them cooking themselves.
    Problems with turbos is they spin at 100000 revs or more and they take time to cool.
    In old turbo cars you can get turbo timers/car alarms to keep engine running for a few minutes so the circulating oil could cool them.
    My old car alarm had a turbo function that kept the car running for a few minutes after it was locked to cool the turbo.
    This is why people who do short trips has turbo problems whether it’s a diesel or petrol.

0 0 0

5. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    On my previous A6 C6 fan was running as well but I found on forum that temperature sensors was faulty. This sensor was just on top radiator but I had to remove bumper to get it out. But it wasn’t difficult to do it just needed 32 spanner I think?

0 0 0

6. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Fans coming on in the s6 probably to cool the turbos to stop them cooking themselves.
    Problems with turbos is they spin at 100000 revs or more and they take time to cool.
    In old turbo cars you can get turbo timers/car alarms to keep engine running for a few minutes so the circulating oil could cool them.
    My old car alarm had a turbo function that kept the car running for a few minutes after it was locked to cool the turbo.
    This is why people who do short trips has turbo problems whether it’s a diesel or petrol.
    Doh! Should have thought thats why.....on the old Turbo Volvos in the 80/90’s it was always advisable to let the engine idle for a minute or so after driving them to let the Turbos cool down. Saab the same.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    You would hope turbo technology has improved somewhat from the 80s/90s so that they don’t cook themselves 😄

0 0 0

8. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    I knew that...hehe, but with todays engine tech going forward at high speed, one never knows
    They are out now, the Gasoline Particulate Filter or GPF. The new Polo GTI is one of the first VW petrol's to get one.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    They are out now, the Gasoline Particulate Filter or GPF. The new Polo GTI with the CZPC engine is one of the first VW petrol's to get one.
    Oooh: so then you cannot just say " I only do short journeys, therefore I need a petrol engine". LOL we are in for some very expensive motoring going fwd....

Sent from my mobile...

0 0 0

10. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The GPF has become necessary due to petrol engines running at extremely high injection pressures that have caused petrol to start forming particulates as it is being ignited in a different way more akin to a diesel engine, this is all in pursuit of lower Co2 figures, another example of legislative Co2 blinkers where all else goes to hell in the pursuit of Co2 reduction. One day, when it is finally admitted that man made C02 does bugger all harm, the scandal will break and governments will fall because of the backlash. The truth would be out now if the politicians weren't so terrified of the public reaction to having been butt ****** over a barrel for the last 25 years, all for nowt...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast