1. A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Had the car new for 9 months, done 14000 miles and not sure if I have now got used to the car but the BiTDI does not feel as brisk as it used to.

No error messages, strange noises or change in fuel consumption, just feels not as quick.

Should I be using a particular diesel brand to get the most out of the engine, and no I am not looking at remapping or modding the car before anyone suggests

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    You are probably just getting used to it.
    I found my 272 quick when I got it but now feels slow. Also noticed car feels a bit quicker off the mark with the 18inch winter wheels than the 19 summers.

0 0 0

3. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Also don’t drive on low revs. I always drive with minimum 1800 revs and when changing gears up always over 2000 revs. But people have different driving style. Just annoying me on dushboard indicator showing you to change gears up for example from 5th to 6th gear driving even 50 m/h!! They call this economy driving!! Joke!! And after 30k miles on the clock flywheel is damaged!

0 0 0

4. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrodaddy View Post
    Had the car new for 9 months, done 14000 miles and not sure if I have now got used to the car but the BiTDI does not feel as brisk as it used to.

No error messages, strange noises or change in fuel consumption, just feels not as quick.

Should I be using a particular diesel brand to get the most out of the engine, and no I am not looking at remapping or modding the car before anyone suggests

Thanks
    I think it's a bit of both getting use to it and also I found sometimes depending on what's it doing it can be a bit different to react.

Normally when you put your foot down as driver you know what its going to do, unlike the passengers But occasionally sometimes I find it a bit slow to respond (either changing down or lag) but other times it likes where did that acceleration come from as your are thrown back in your seat.

I find if I sit it in 3rd gear at above 2k in manual then it will generally eat anything up

0 0 0

5. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    My customers report that using Shell V Power does make a difference and an interesting point is that those people seem never have DPF trouble.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Few years back I had a WRX and the Shell petrol was the best for the turbo engine with noticeable difference. Have used BP and Shell diesel on the current car and find that the BP fuel is slightly ahead in the game. Could be just the cold weather we have have had in the last six months and now that the sun is out turbo based engines will more effective.

0 0 0

7. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Both my former BiTdi and current S6 love Aral (BP) more than Shell V Power. Makes a huge difference actually!

Quite like the Esso and even Jet too....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

8. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Did anyone else find that vpower kicks off the dpf regen more than usual?
    I’ve been using bp and never notice the car doing regens but with vpower it’s more noticeable.

0 0 0

9. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Actually, I was wondering the same thing!
    I've got periods where only V-Power goes in but then I also do Tesco and Asda from time to time. Last time around I did Reading to Manchester round trip and did it on Asda fuel , returning on less than 1/4 of the tank.
    Filled in V-Power the next day and the car went regen crazy the day after (where I was assuming it would do "its thing" during the 3.5 hours drive on the motorway).

0 0 0

10. Re: A Little Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Mine wasn’t just one day. Noticed the last time I had vpower it was almost every day coming home from work and the fans had kicked in basically the regen didn’t finish. It was like this for almost a week. Next few tanks using Tesco or bp I didn’t get the fans kicking in at all or any noticeable regens. My commute at the time was 50 miles ish each way.
    Saying that I did notice on vpower or bp ultimate that the car was quieter. The diesel chatter was a lot less noticeable especially when cold.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast