1. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I guess the clues will be in the terminology of the law. Clearly any new cars being sold are affected. But it depends when the rules come into effect they might have to retrospectively disable any cars previously sold.

The other question is this only applicable to new cars? So will any used cars they sale with this feature have to have it disabled?

Lastly it will be interesting to see where this goes from a compensation or replacement point of view. How many people bought the car because of the advanced phone box feature. I am certainly not jumping on this wagon but I specifically choose this option. When it came to choosing the options for my car I opted to not choose the advanced pack but opted the features separately with the exception of the HUD. This was because of budget constraints and I wanted the heated windscreen...

My car goes in tomorrow for the AC repair so I guess I will see if my car gets neutered 🤭

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    It will be interesting to find out. It sounds like they will have to disable on all cars if it’s illegal.

Regardless of whether you use it, I would expect some compensation else the consumer is bearing the cost of Audi’s mistake.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I don't really understand why you would expect a penny of compensation. The reality of this situation is through no fault of Audi, the law in the UK has changed, making one of their options illegal. It could be argued that even those who ordered the phone box option who's cars have already been built but not delivered are not due any refund as Audi has fulfilled their side of the contract. And before someone quotes consumer protection/trade and standards laws... they don't protected you from loss of functional use as a result of changes in local laws.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Missed the date part. Skimmed through the first time and didn’t spot it was a very recent change.

I doubt Audi will disable then as I can’t imagine it applies to cars already sold? They wouldn’t want to take the hit for that.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milesunder View Post

My car goes in tomorrow for the AC repair so I guess I will see if my car gets neutered 🤭
    Did they make any change when it went in?
    Former Q7 owner

1 0 0

6. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    That's crazy. I have phone box and definitely get a better signal with my phone in it.

I bet its just getting disabled by coding...
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Just been talking to my Master Tech at my local dealer on this and they have been instructed to remove the mobile phone amp from all new cars before handing them over to the customer which means they are still shipping them from factory with the amp (as far as we can tell)

They have been told not to remove the amp from any pre-existing cars that have it installed until Audi release an official customer recall notice telling us all to go in and get it "fixed". The fix isnt to remove the amp but find a way to fix the issue at hand, unless of course the fix is actually just to disable it!
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

2 1 0

8. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    That's crazy. I have phone box and definitely get a better signal with my phone in it.

I bet its just getting disabled by coding...
    I did a more scientific test with an iPhone 8 that enabled me to see the proper readings. I wonder if mine isn’t working as it’s actually a worse signal albeit only just - call it no different to be fair.

Guideline to signal strength

Reading with iPhone sitting in the cup holder mount

With iPhone in the phone box (at least wireless charging works!)
    Former Q7 owner

1 0 0

9. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    I did a more scientific test with an iPhone 8 that enabled me to see the proper readings. I wonder if mine isn’t working as it’s actually a worse signal albeit only just - call it no different to be fair.

Guideline to signal strength

Reading with iPhone sitting in the cup holder mount

With iPhone in the phone box (at least wireless charging works!)
    How did you get the above screens?

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Phone Box - seeking information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    How did you get the above screens?