1. Angry Audi A4 - Missfire issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all - I really hope I am in the right place to post this.

Car - Audi A4 2009 2.0 TFSI

I have been having issues with a missfire on my Audi A4. When the car is in 5/6th gear and you accelerate the engine management light flashes I first had no idea and read some internet info, I took it to my local garade (Family friend not Audi garage) and got the code from their machine. It was pointing at cylinder 2 misfire so brought a coil pack and got it fitted. Everything seemed fine but soon after the juddering returned so took it back. The machine then pointed to cylinder 1 misfire so fitted another new coil pack to that cylinder. Again everything seemed fine for short while but then the juddering returned.

The snapon code machine now says the following.

7207-P11A1 - Cam Shift Actuator A Clinder 1 Circuit/Open.

I done some more reading and heard that if the oil in the car gets old it messes with the Actuators so had full service and oil change. Again did not stop the juddering.
    The coil packs I had fitted are not Audi ones but another make. I am now going to buy proper Audi ones after reading that I should, but am not sure if spending out on these will help due to the above Actuator code message.

Do you people have any idea what I should try if buying the proper Audi coil packs does not work?

Any help/info would really help me and my wallet.

Thanks in advanced.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 - Missfire issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Some non genuine coil packs are awful but the cam tensioner issue you have points to an electrical issue such as being unplugged whilst doing the coil packs. This could just be worn spark plugs, when were they last changed?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 - Missfire issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher

The Sparks were changed about a month ago when I got the car serviced (To try and stop the juddering).

For a few months while trying all different things to help it seems to help the issue by pushing on coil pack two (non branded coilpack). When I do that it always seems to move about 1mm down. Saying that in the back of my head i think it could be that when i do that i move a dodgy wire???

I will get proper coil packs and go from there but if anyone has any input please post.

The coil packs I put on were HAAS Ignition Coil packs

Thanks again Crasher for fast reply. Really appreciate help at this point.

If coil packs sort it or anything else I find I will post straight away

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 - Missfire issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    HAAS coil packs for Euro Car Parts are awful. I would suggest you get all four replaced with genuine Audi. It is also possible that the ECU could need a software upgrade to prevent plug fouling so can you get the ecu software level number? I think it should be 0002 depending on the ECU number but I am still quite new to this software version management lark as I only recently gained access to the system. PM me your VIN and I will be able to see a little more.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 - Missfire issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher.

Your right they are awful. I changed the coil packs and this immediately solved the issue. Anyone reading this with same issue please buy only VAG coil packs.

I learned the hard way with alot of ££ spent.

Thanks all

0 0 0