Hi All.

I've recently acquired a 2012 A4 Allroad. This is my first venture into Audi ownership having previously owned a Skoda Octavia VRS.

The VRS had a simple AUX input socket under the armrest and I was easily able to connect a bluetooth receiver onto this and listen to Spotify etc on my Android phone.

I was expecting the Audi to have a similar setup. However, the AUX socket seems to be capped off and in its place is a apparently something called an AMI socket in the glovebox.

I thought I might be able to bypass this altogether and just stream music directly from my phone to the integrated bluetooth in MMI. However, my model lacks the necessary to menu option to enable a bluetooth device for music streaming (though it works just phone paired with my phone for hands-free calling).

I seem to have stumbled into a minefield with various different bodged solutions. Someone's been chasing Audi in a firmware update to enable A2DP bluetooth streaming and others have found the option in the "Hidden Green Menu".

I've looked into the Green Menu. It requires either VCDS (and with it, it seems a proper ross-tech interface cable). While I have no doubt that VCDS can do the job, I'd be loathe to purchase anything from a seemingly patriotic USA based nutjob who uses a pair of assault rifles as the logo for their car diagnostics software business! Alternatively then, the green menu can be activated using a script executed from the SD card. I've had a look around but kind find the script.

As a fallback solution while I try and figure out how to get bluetooth streaming working, I'd like to use the AMI socket. However, I'm not entirely sure which cable I should be going for. There's a few on Amazon for less than £10 which have either a 3.5mm jack on its own, or a USB (OTG) interface on its own, or both together. Can I charge my phone from this USB cable? Nobody seems to know!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

---

To confirm, I have "MMI 3G High"