1. ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just got a 2006 golf plus but I’m not sure ESP is working.

i don’t see a symbol when turning the key.

The ESP button has off lit up.

pressing the button doesn’t appear to do anything.

0 0 0

2. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Failure of the G201 ESP system pressure sensor on the Golf 5 (PQ35 platform) was rife, so much so it became a problem for VAG for a time and there were frost made to try and help deal with the problem, for a time and was extremely expensive to repair and it also became an MOT failure so it is likely that the ESP warning light has been disabled and this will complicate correct repairs. A fault code read with a scan of the ABS system should reveal all, do you have recourse with the seller?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Failure of the G201 ESP system pressure sensor on the Golf 5 (PQ35 platform) was rife, so much so it became a problem for VAG for a time and there were frost made to try and help deal with the problem, for a time and was extremely expensive to repair and it also became an MOT failure so it is likely that the ESP warning light has been disabled and this will complicate correct repairs. A fault code read with a scan of the ABS system should reveal all, do you have recourse with the seller?
    Hello, thanks for the reply. I bought it from a used car place so I should be able to take it back and hopefully they’ll fix it.

How would you disable the esp warning light? It would explain why it does appear when all the other lights on the dash light up.

0 0 0

4. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattwlkr View Post
    It would explain why it does appear when all the other lights on the dash light up.
    Do you mean "does not" appear?

You can disable the light in a number of ways but hopefully they have not damaged the panels internals otherwise this will more than double the cost of the repair.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Do you mean "does not" appear?

You can disable the light in a number of ways but hopefully they have not damaged the panels internals otherwise this will more than double the cost of the repair.
    Shouldn’t the esp/ car with tracks icon show when you first turn the key?

All I have is ‘off’ lit up on the esp button.

0 0 0

6. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes the ESP light should come for a second or so with the ABS light and then go out, I just took this pick of the dash in my office managers 2007 Golf Plus 1.9 TDI 90.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Crasher;1084154]Yes the ESP light should come for a second or so with the ABS light and then go out, I just took this pick of the dash in my office managers 2007 Golf Plus 1.9 TDI 90.

Yeah definitely don’t have that icon, in fact I’m not sure I saw the abs light either...

0 0 0

8. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Mattwlkr;1084155]
    Yes the ESP light should come for a second or so with the ABS light and then go out, I just took this pick of the dash in my office managers 2007 Golf Plus 1.9 TDI 90.

Yeah definitely don’t have that icon, in fact I’m not sure I saw the abs light either...
    Garage reckons its the button that is not working. I’m not convinced at all, the ESP is supposed to switch back on next time the engine is started isn’t it? Don’t want to have to pay to have a diagnostic scan just to prove my point...

0 0 0

9. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Each time the ignition is cycled, the ESP override resets. When the ESP is off and the light is on in the switch, this is accompanied by the ESP light on the dash which goes off when you turn the ESP back on. They are either inexperienced, clutching at straws or giving you male bovine excreta... I would lay good money on the fault code stored as being 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Electrical Fault in Circuit

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: ESP 2006 golf plus no light on dash and button off lit up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Do independents have the correct diagnostic equipment to find this error? There’s isn’t picking anything up apparently. Don’t want to fork out £85 on a VW diagnostic

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast