Hi all,
I've picked up a used A6 Avant (pre-facelift 61 plate) and would like to update with the latest maps and install the Fistune DAB system. A few questions:

1. The first thing I need to establish is what version of mmi I have. Some photos are attached. I think this is MMI 3G basic - but (assuming the nav is DVD-based), nothing happens when I press the eject button. I've read elsewhere the eject button is sometimes disabled by Audi, so am I right in thinking I need help from someone with VCDS to enable this function?

2. Apparently, for the Fistune to work, I need to latest firmware updates. I contacted a dealer who said they wouldn't update the firmware unless there was an obvious issue or problem with the system. Are these routinely provided by dealers on request?

3. One solution might be to ask the dealer to install the latest version of the maps, which I gather would also involve a firmware update. But I'd rather not spend much money on that - any ideas how much Audi would charge for this and whether it would be possible to do this myself assuming I can get the DVD eject enabled?

Thanks in advance for your help.