Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

My daughters Polo 9n AZQ needs new bushes in the wishbone arms and VW don't sell them separately, it is a whole arm and yes they want an arm and a leg to pay for it. I was wondering if you can get replacement bushes for the front of the arm and if so where to get them from and is there a procedure for fitting them. I do have a 20 ton press, but will I need anything else to get them to fit in straight.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Polo 9n track control arm bushes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    May be worth trying some of the large motor factors such as Euro Car Parts, Andrew Page or one of you local motor factors, I think you will find they will do them cheaper
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

3. Re: Polo 9n track control arm bushes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply I have decided to go down the Powerflex route after a bit of research as the bushes are far easier to install, will last longer than the standard bushes and can do both side for less than half the cost it would be to fit OEM parts.

0 0 0

4. Re: Polo 9n track control arm bushes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Good choice
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

5. Re: Polo 9n track control arm bushes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    I find it is easier to leave the console housing in place and just remove the lower track control arms then remove the bushes . You can buy a tool for fitting them on Ebay for about £15. Be careful though about 10 % of the time the track control 18 mm bolt can snap and then your in the brown stuff. Remember to lubricate the inside of the bush that the track control fits into or a week later you end up with a very annoying squeaking noise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Polo 9n track control arm bushes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    flapperjack76 thanks for your reply, but it is actually the front bush in the wishbone that needs replacing not the console bush, have done many of those and have the tool you mention, very useful. As for the 18mm bolt i have had one completely seized and ended up having to cut it out with a small angle grinder. I then removed the console and drilled out the old bolt on a pillar drill and then run a correct sized tap through it. ( took a while and would have been easier to get another console from the breakers, but I hate to be beaton!)

As above I have replaced the front bush with a powerflex, which hopefully will put up with the rough tracks my daughter goes on with her horses and they are much easier than pushing in a new Febi bush, which if they don't go in straight, you then can't get the 18mm bolt to line up and you are back to square one.

I also put the bolt back in with a good application of gold grease to stop it from seizing.

0 0 0