Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi

I'm trying to help a mate to sort car for his son, I'm scratching my head here a bit and need your help.

He had a problem where the cooling fan was not running at all - after inspection and few test pointed me to coolant control module, new one fitted and now when you put your ignition on both fans will run constantly not a much of a problem but they don't switch off once you turn ignition off.

Next thing I should mention someone removed the condesor from aircon and I have read somewhere where HP switch was causing problem with fan always on- could this be the problem?

I'm sort of running out of options, I asked him to check temp on car but they don't have temp gauge in car so until I plug in to VCDS I won't know how hot the car thinks it is to rule out temp sensor.

Anyone can recommend any solution or do you know if empty piping from AC can cause fan always on?

Thanks in Advance

0 0 0

2. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    It could be the AC system causing the fans to run, or the radiator fan switch or the control box you fitted could be wrong/faulty. Which year and engine does the bug have?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It could be the AC system causing the fans to run, or the radiator fan switch or the control box you fitted could be wrong/faulty. Which year and engine does the bug have?
    When I first had a look at the car fans just wasn't running at all, when I tested the fan switch (thermo switch) even bridging the pins still fans won't turn , when I removed the control module it had a hole in casing and components was rusty full of water, I can't remember engine code but is 2001 2.0 petrol and the control module it had number 1J0919506K.

The only reason why I think is related to AC I did read somewhere on here when you switch you AC both fans will run at low speed.

Will update with engine code later.

0 0 0

4. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    I think it should be 1J0919506L so could you PM me the cars reg or VIN so I can check?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    PM sent

0 0 0

6. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ok I have been running some tests on that beetle today, unfortunately still same problem and I'm not much wiser

Turn ignition ON - both fans start running- turn ignition off both fans still keeps running- need to pull fuse out to stop them or need to pull 14 pin connector from control module to stop them, once they stop you can put fuse back in and they won't run unless you turn igniotion ON again

Checked temp sensor- all OK

Removed thermo switch still the same

Looks like there is something telling the Fan control Module to send power as soon as you turn ignition ON, I asked him where he got the replacement fan control module and it come from Ebay, sort of asking the question if could be down to bad fan control module??? bear in mind they didn't work at all before replacing that part as had water damage.

Anyone can help

0 0 0

7. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    It is an AQY engine and the car was built 18/11/2001.

I have the wiring diagram for you, could you PM me your email so that I can send it to you and then guide you through what to look for?

Do you have VCDS?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: cooling fan always on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It is an AQY engine and the car was built 18/11/2001.

I have the wiring diagram for you, could you PM me your email so that I can send it to you and then guide you through what to look for?

Do you have VCDS?
    Hi yes I do have vcds pm on way with email.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0