Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Hi guys,
    I’m looking at getting rid of my A6 winter wheels, 18s 225/50, and my friend with an a7 has shown an interest especially the fact I was able to get around in the beast from the east everyday without issues and he was struggling to get out his street even with Quattro.
    My question is is it a straight fit as I’m not sure wheel size, offsets etc are the same? I’ve been looking and it seems audi only offers 17s and 19s for the a7 and not 18s.
    Any information will be appreciated.
    Cheers
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

2. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fit is the same but offset is different so they will probably just need Spacers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    What is the proper offset for the a7 at 18s and I think it’s 8 inch wide?

0 0 0

4. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    What is the proper offset for the a7 at 18s and I think it’s 8 inch wide?
    Hi bud I have them coming up as 8.5J x 18 ET32 5x112 PCD centre bore 66.5mm and they use a 255/45/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Been looking into this and it seems that the a7 doesn’t recommend 18s as winter tyres. In the manual the 255/45/18 is for cross climate type tyres and not winter. It only shows winter in 17s and 19s. 19s at 235/45/19.
    In my opinion 255 and 235 is quite wide for winters.
    Mines are 225/50/18 and they worked very well in the heavy snow we had a few weeks ago.

0 0 0

6. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I’m on 19” winters - can’t remember the exact tyre size but it’s the recommended one on the drivers door tyre pressure plaque thing. Had no problems in anything the snow threw at us last week.

Drifting Snow, Bath - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: Winter wheels sizes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    It’s just strange why 18s isn’t listed in the manual or the plaque on the door.
    If 17s fit and 19s fit then surely 18s will fit.
    Based on the online calculators a 235/50/18 will be almost the same diameter as a 265/35/20 which is what my mate has.
    Problem is if it’s not recommended for the car then insurance won’t like it or charge you a fortune for having them.

0 0 0