1. Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all, I have been reading posts here and am grateful that you guys are sharing your knowledge. I am thinking of upgrading my a4 b7 with q7 and will probably jump the ship in a week or 2. I have found my q7 already and have put down a deposit. However I am experiencing issues with insurance for the q. I have been with Chris Knott for 5 years now and was really surprised that they don't insure the q7. Or well they do but the price is 3 fold.

So was wondering who you are with? I can see that I can get around £800 quote with one of the cheap low cost insurers but is that really sane to do for a 50K car?

I appreciate your advice...

Nik

0 0 0

2. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i would recommend NFU.
    They do a new car replacement in the first two years of ownership and have been the cheapest for me for the last two years, which is surprising.
    There seems to be some confusion within NFU however about the validity of the new car replacement on a car with finance as you dont own it, however i have had it confirmed that providing you have an option to own the car at the end of the finance then its valid - so with PCP you do.
    Didnt stop me getting GAP insurance though just to be safe for all that it costs - 4 years £40k limit £265 - allowed me to use a discount code and the value left in my old policy i had with them (ALA).
    NFU seem to be the best rated insurer with or without this anyway according to which - worth a call.

0 0 0

3. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    Hi all, I have been reading posts here and am grateful that you guys are sharing your knowledge. I am thinking of upgrading my a4 b7 with q7 and will probably jump the ship in a week or 2. I have found my q7 already and have put down a deposit. However I am experiencing issues with insurance for the q. I have been with Chris Knott for 5 years now and was really surprised that they don't insure the q7. Or well they do but the price is 3 fold.

So was wondering who you are with? I can see that I can get around £800 quote with one of the cheap low cost insurers but is that really sane to do for a 50K car?

Nik
    Hi Nik

It depends on so many factors that I can only speak from my experience and with my risk profile but I was insured with Direct Line on my 2011 A6 and found the cost to move up to the Q7 went up by about 20%.

I too looked at other companies when the renewal came through and found there was maybe £100 difference between staying with DL and moving to one of the cheaper providers. Though the most expensive quotes were well above DL.

Glad I chose to stay with DL as a few weeks after renewal somebody drove into me and after a few phone calls DL took care of everything and the repairs were all sorted, Audi approved bodyshop, courtesy car etc.

My experience with the third party insurance company (Swift Cover) was nowhere near as slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I too am with Direct Line, and although I haven't had to claim, I have found their customer service to be fantastic and the level of cover seems to be very good indeed. Although our risk profiles (age, postcode etc) are most likely different, it's less than £800 for me and the wife (both mid-30s) for the SQ7, that's with protected NCB and a couple of SP30s. I do have my home buildings and contents with them which is worth a 10% discount. They did insist on a tracker to be fitted to the car though.

Admiral are usually the cheapest but not the greatest to be honest as they penalise you for non-fault accidents - I got rear ended when I was with Admiral and my premium went up to £3,500! I queried this and they said although I keep my NCB it increases my risk profile. Moved to Direct Line, no issues with non-fault accidents and they actually beat Admiral.
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

1 0 0

5. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    I too am with Direct Line, and although I haven't had to claim, I have found their customer service to be fantastic and the level of cover seems to be very good indeed. Although our risk profiles (age, postcode etc) are most likely different, it's less than £800 for me and the wife (both mid-30s) for the SQ7, that's with protected NCB and a couple of SP30s. I do have my home buildings and contents with them which is worth a 10% discount. They did insist on a tracker to be fitted to the car though.

Admiral are usually the cheapest but not the greatest to be honest as they penalise you for non-fault accidents - I got rear ended when I was with Admiral and my premium went up to £3,500! I queried this and they said although I keep my NCB it increases my risk profile. Moved to Direct Line, no issues with non-fault accidents and they actually beat Admiral.
    Admiral didn’t come close to DL at renewal time for me. Interesting insight on the non-fault claims - wasn’t aware of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your advice guys. I will certainly try NFU for quote. I did try DL already but the quote came to a whopping £1360 which is £400 more than the low cost one. Maybe I should give them a call. I understand I live in London but with 11 years plus no claim bonus and no accidents in the last 5 years I can never get a decent quote with DL.

The GAP is an excellent idea too. I will check the discount and give it a try.

Nik

0 0 0

7. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your advice guys. I will certainly try NFU for quote. I did try DL already but the quote came to a whopping £1360 which is £400 more than the low cost one. Maybe I should give them a call. I understand I live in London but with 11 years plus no claim bonus and no accidents in the last 5 years I can never get a decent quote with DL.

The GAP is an excellent idea too. I will check the discount and give it a try.

Nik
    For the gap use the MSE discount code MSE25 for 25% off

NFU have been know to no quote in big cities but hopefully you will be ok. Im in Glasgow and all ok. They can be quite picky - it tried to get my home insurance through them too but they no quoted as i wouldnt add extra locks to brand new aluminium framed doors. BS locks etc etc - UPVC would have been fine - go figure.

The other half is with DL for the last few years and they have been fine. We had a non fault claim and all went quite smoothly premium went up very slightly. We claimed through the Ensurance that these car manufactures offer so wasnt directly with DL but whenever i spoke to them they were ok. For a non fault i wouldn't do the same again - just go straight to the audi bodyshop or other VAG relevant as they are setup to deal with it - in her case it was SEAL so still in VAG.

Thankfully we all are quite inexperienced when it comes to claiming on insurance so im always happy to hear other peoples experiences.

0 0 0

8. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Hi Nik,

I changed to Aviva after a recommendation from this forum. They came out a lot cheaper than the renewal. Worth a try too.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

9. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

Nik
    Follow the advice on Compare cheap car insurance quotes online - MSE and the sequence of searching sites.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

10. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I'm with Aviva and paying around £1177 for Q7 and wife's A1 (multi-car) - came out cheapest 4 months ago.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast