1. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Adrian flux are a broker for lots of companies, worth asking a question.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you all for the priceless advice. DL and Aviva are giving me massive quotes. I did give them a call and this didn't help. It must be the postcode I live in.

I will try NFU tomorrow and Adrian flux but it seems that I may go with Admiral. The difference between DL / Aviva and Admiral is nearly £600.

Checked the Gap insurance and it seems that in my situation it is not worth buying one. I am buying a 9 month old q7 in sepang blue on 6500 miles loaded with lots of specs for 50K and Admiral is only insuring for 43700. The difference is very difficult to claim from a Gap insurance since I won't have a Vat receipt. For some reason all the free valuations sites (Glass doesn't provide one) only value the car at 45k. I guess they don't take into account the Matrix headlights, air suspension, tech pack, all wheel turning, back camera, tour pack, lighting pack, etc.. that is loaded on the car. So if I were to buy a Gap insurance it will only cover me for 1 or 2k.

I will just have to extra careful on the road.

Thanks again.

Nik

0 0 0

3. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    Thank you all for the priceless advice. DL and Aviva are giving me massive quotes. I did give them a call and this didn't help. It must be the postcode I live in.

I will try NFU tomorrow and Adrian flux but it seems that I may go with Admiral. The difference between DL / Aviva and Admiral is nearly £600.

Checked the Gap insurance and it seems that in my situation it is not worth buying one. I am buying a 9 month old q7 in sepang blue on 6500 miles loaded with lots of specs for 50K and Admiral is only insuring for 43700. The difference is very difficult to claim from a Gap insurance since I won't have a Vat receipt. For some reason all the free valuations sites (Glass doesn't provide one) only value the car at 45k. I guess they don't take into account the Matrix headlights, air suspension, tech pack, all wheel turning, back camera, tour pack, lighting pack, etc.. that is loaded on the car. So if I were to buy a Gap insurance it will only cover me for 1 or 2k.

I will just have to extra careful on the road.

Thanks again.

Nik
    Check the terms on the gap. The value placed on the car by the insurer may be £43700, but I believe the gap covers the payout gap, not the insured value gap. So if the insurer only offers you £40K then the benefits of the gap are greater.

I may be wrong, but in the (thankfully limited) experience I have with total loss claims, the offer and the insured value (even on a six month old car) can be very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I certainly not an expert on this but when I went for GAP insurance I went with Warranty Directs sister company for it. They offered 3 different flavours. One if it is a new car and they replace like for like. The second is return to invoice and the third I don’t recall if that was market value or something. They also allow you to tailor the size of the amount. So my car was around £58k brand new, and I paid £278 for 4 years of cover for up to £40k for vehicle replacement.

Just to confirm I don’t work for them or connected in any way. )

0 0 0

5. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milesunder View Post
    I certainly not an expert on this but when I went for GAP insurance I went with Warranty Directs sister company for it. They offered 3 different flavours. One if it is a new car and they replace like for like. The second is return to invoice and the third I don’t recall if that was market value or something. They also allow you to tailor the size of the amount. So my car was around £58k brand new, and I paid £278 for 4 years of cover for up to £40k for vehicle replacement.

Just to confirm I don’t work for them or connected in any way. )
    Thanks, I will give them a call.

0 0 0

6. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you all for the great help. The end result was that I got a great deal from ALA (with the MSE 25% discount) and will go for it when my car turns 1 year. Accidentally, I found out that since I am the first registered owner of the car Admiral is replacing the car for new if it were to be written off within the first year.

0 0 0

7. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    Thank you all for the great help. The end result was that I got a great deal from ALA (with the MSE 25% discount) and will go for it when my car turns 1 year. Accidentally, I found out that since I am the first registered owner of the car Admiral is replacing the car for new if it were to be written off within the first year.
    I would double check your figures if I were you as Gap insurance is a funny one. Most companies will only offer policies if you bought the car in the last 3-6 months, ALA is an exception BUT here is the key thing, because like you they know they first year is risk free for them they factor this in and interestingly it's cheaper to buy a 4 year policy now (or in 5 months) than wait for the car to turn 364 days and buy a 3 year policy just before it's 12 months old.
    For me I could get a 4 year policy if bought before 6 months for 413 giving me 4.5 years cover. Vs 463 for a 3 year policy if I bought it when car 11 months old giving me 4 years cover total (inc 1 year insurance co gives cover).

0 0 0

8. Re: Insurance for Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    I would double check your figures if I were you as Gap insurance is a funny one. Most companies will only offer policies if you bought the car in the last 3-6 months, ALA is an exception BUT here is the key thing, because like you they know they first year is risk free for them they factor this in and interestingly it's cheaper to buy a 4 year policy now (or in 5 months) than wait for the car to turn 364 days and buy a 3 year policy just before it's 12 months old.
    For me I could get a 4 year policy if bought before 6 months for 413 giving me 4.5 years cover. Vs 463 for a 3 year policy if I bought it when car 11 months old giving me 4 years cover total (inc 1 year insurance co gives cover).
    Thanks for the tip. Apparently the quotes (for 3 and 5 years) I was given are valid for 3 months so according to them I can start with one of them on 1st June (my car would be 1 year of age). The 3 year one is just over £200 and the 5 year one is around £350. It works out around £70 per year which is not too bad. I will take a look at the T's and C's though.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12