1. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I was just thinking if we take a step back from this. If this is something that’s temperature related then it must get information from a sensor.
    Have you guys checked you don’t have an issue with coolant temp sensor or engine temp?
    That could be the reason it’s not working. There’s been a few post of poor consumption and car dropping temp so it might be related.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Checked with live data all checks out I have fault code on instruments basic setting not programmed I’ll scan again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Just drove home in car. When cold red line is about 4200rpm. Once the coolant temp hit about 4bars the red line is at 4800.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Let me just throw a wild card in here.

The whole "variable red line" thing is an interesting piece of dashboard bling but REALLY (REALLY?) does it mean anything?
    Based on my observation of it's starting (~4000RPM) and end points (~5200RPM) versus the actual engine water and oil temps (water not fully hot and oil temp does not register so <60C) there is NO WAY I would rev the engine to either the starting or ending point until the engine was properly warm - oil temp in the high 70's in winter or into the 80s in the warmer months.

The point I'm making is "what's the point?" For track use maybe it has some value but for a diesel car that you want to have a long life it is pointless... dashboard bling.

If folks want to make it work for the sake of it working then I can understand that but personally I'd not invest a lot of time in it.. there are probably other fish to fry that would yield a more nutritious meal.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Temp does get up to 90 bud

For your what’s the point:

Because its a retrofit and I’d like to have it how it left the factory if it had said retrofit

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1331 View Post
    Temp does get up to 90 bud Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Water temp or oil temp get up to 90?
    Oil temp can be pushed to 105C with spirited driving - and I'm sure that track use would push it further. But I'd not "push" an engine until the oil is (at the very least) "hot" - so on a BiTdi in winter that is high 70s... you simply won't get it any higher without loading the engine a bit. Summer it will get to mid 80s in normal driving.

Because its a retrofit and I’d like to have it how it left the factory if it had said retrofit
    Fair enough. Good luck.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Temp does get up to 90 bud

Might be worth having a look at the central convenience module(46). These are somewhat connected to the cluster. Could be a code that needs turned on or you might need the highline version.
    Will drop a scan of 46 so you can compare when I’m home.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    The point I'm making is "what's the point?" For track use maybe it has some value but for a diesel car that you want to have a long life it is pointless... dashboard bling.

If folks want to make it work for the sake of it working then I can understand that but personally I'd not invest a lot of time in it.. there are probably other fish to fry that would yield a more nutritious meal.
    I think the enjoyment of getting something working and it’s great how places like these forums get people together to problem solve something like this. Otherwise it will be quite boring here😄
    If you think a few years from now there will be lots of these cars second hand and ripe for modding and retrofits, this post could save someone hours of mucking around as we already tried and tested it.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I just retrofitted the cluster and I have rmc that makes it harder for me to find a scan to copy and test

I have done the same retrofit on the colour DIS and had the RMC unit but have now retrofitted the 3G Plus MMI you will only get maps (Street View) in the DIS if you have a MMI 3G Plus, the RMC did not support it. you also have to add a fibre optic cable from the MMI to the colour DIS to get street view to function.
    My red Line stays always on 5K

0 0 0

10. Audi A6 highline clocks redline coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livefour2day View Post
    I have done the same retrofit on the colour DIS and had the RMC unit but have now retrofitted the 3G Plus MMI you will only get maps (Street View) in the DIS if you have a MMI 3G Plus, the RMC did not support it. you also have to add a fibre optic cable from the MMI to the colour DIS to get street view to function.
    My red Line stays always on 5K
    So even as factory fitted rmc and highline clocks map in dis won’t work?

0 0 0

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast