Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

Bought an A6 recently, paid for delivery from Sheffield to Scotland. During the test run I made the seller (independent garage) aware of some wobble issues whilst driving and wobble issues when breaking. He told me to get this seen to and he would square me up for costs. It was assumed to be balancing and tracking etc. which of course it was and he has reimbursed me. There was also 4 faults in the ECU as well as an intermittent electrical issue on my dash. I told him I may end of rejecting the car, subject to all outstanding issues not being covered under Audi warranty. He accepted this. It’s been at Audi today for warranty assessment, and low and behold, the disks are all warped and pads need replaced. Audi quote is £989. I’m really not sure what the independent garage is going to say when I tell him what it’s going to cost if they don’t want me to reject the car?
    Do they need to repair these, are they likely to refuse? Presume this is a valid reason for rejecting the car?!
    Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI Black Edition

0 0 0

2. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    They could ask you to get it fixed at an independent garage. Discs and pads all round can be done for around £3-400. I got all the bits for about £250 to do myself. Disc and pads are consumables so depending on age of car and mileage it could be expected it needs it anyway so might not be a valid reason to reject. Major issues like gearbox failing is more a reason to reject.
    Even if you reject the car you would probably lose out on the shipping.

0 0 0

3. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Appreciate that. But this isn't an issue that's developed since buying the car, it existed at the point of sale but wasn't declared.

0 0 0

4. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    They might have genuinely not known that the discs are warped. If it’s passed an mot then it’s road legal. I’m not sticking up for the dealer. For all I know they are really dodgy and wanted rid of the car but there are genuine traders out there so if the car is fine then try to negotiate the best option. Discs and pads can easily be done, nothing major really, and if the error codes relates to nothing serious then just get them to fix it.
    The trade off point is if the repairs are more than the margin they made on the car and they will tell you they want it back instead of you rejecting it.

0 0 0

5. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I think I'd agree with A6S. It's probably not a valid reason for rejection. But I also think the garage must be given a chance to repair. If the repair fails, then you might be able to reject.

In my opinion, the best bet is to contact the seller with the price from Audi but tell him you understand it's a lot. So that immediately gives you kudos with him for being a reasonable guy. So tell him you can get it done for much less, maybe half. But make sure you can.
    Then negotiate a refund for that amount, leaving you to get the work done. Let's be honest, if you found out before buying and demanded a fix as part of the deal, he wouldn't go to Audi, but you'd still be happy the car was fixed.

If you could negotiate say, £500 then use that to get it done locally or buy the parts and do it yourself if you're up for it.
    I've done discs and pads a few times - it's not hard but if you have electronic handbrake then you'll need to back off the pistons using software
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

6. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi As said by others there is a good chance that you can get the dealer to pay for the repairs, weather they are prepaid to pay Audi prices is another thing. With all 4 warped it either has not had regular servicing or has been driven real hard. With all the problems you have found on this car perhaps the lesson is, get an independent check done before buying and a comprehensive garenteed deal. Hope it is resolved soon, and nothing else pops up !
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

7. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    With all 4 warped it either has not had regular servicing or has been driven real hard.
    This isn't really true.
    A car can have FSH but satill have warped discs. And not everyone would be able to identify the issue or would simply assume it's wheel balancing being out.

Warped discs MIGHT mean lack of servicing. The only thing it definitely means is warped discs
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

8. Re: car bought with warped disk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I had 4 warped disc within 18 months from new. Not really driven hard and serviced every 10k. Think it’s just poor quality materials or design issues with cooling the brakes.

0 1 0